This colorful Autumn Harvest Salad combines the best fall produce into a nutrient-packed hearty salad. The butternut squash, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, pumpkin seeds and farro provide an array of vitamins and minerals. As the temperatures get cooler, this blend is the perfect go-to warming staple for the season. This salad also preserves well for meal prep up to 3 days refrigerated in a tightly sealed container.
- 7 oz arugula
- 1 cup farro
- ½ butternut squash
- 12 oz brussels sprouts
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 lemon
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Chopped fresh herbs (optional: dill, chives, basil, parsley)
- 1-2 tbsp Avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Chop butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower to bite size pieces approximately the same size and spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cut lemon in half and place on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the vegetables and lemon with avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Toss to coat evenly and roast until golden brown ~25-30 minutes.
- While the veggies roast, cook your farro according to package directions.
- Vinaigrette: combine the juice of the roasted lemon halves (squeeze with tongs if the lemons are still hot), apple cider vinegar, whole grain mustard, maple syrup, and olive oil.
- Add to a large bowl the arugula, feta, pumpkin seeds, cooked farro, fresh herbs (optional), and roasted veggies. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.