If you have symptoms, call your primary care provider before coming to the hospital.
For your safety and the safety of others, please do not come to an urgent care clinic or emergency room unless you have been instructed to do so. If you have life-threatening symptoms like difficulty breathing or chest pressure, please call 911. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe by limiting the spread of the virus and allowing our teams to care for the sickest patients.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Support Mass General's Response to COVID-19
The Emergency Relief Fund supports comprehensive emergency care, critical research efforts and the dissemination of pertinent information.
Preguntas más comunes sobre el coronavirus
Esta semana, la doctora Sarimer Sánchez, de Massachusetts General Hospital responde a preguntas frecuentes sobre el COVID-19 en español.
A Look Inside Coronavirus Preparations at a Major U.S. Hospital
Read an article from the Washington Post on emergency preparedness efforts at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Spread of COVID-19: Questions Raised, Some Answered by Neuroinfectious Disease Experts – Neurology Today quotes Mass General physician Shibani Mukerji (April 2)
- How Are You Feeling? Surveys Aim to Detect Covid-19 Hot Spots Early – New York Times coverage of app co-developed by Mass General investigator Andrew Chan (April 1)
- Covid-19 Changed How the World Does Science, Together – New York Times quotes Mass General investigator Ryan Carroll (April 1)
- How 3-D Printers Are Helping to Fight the Coronavirus – New Yorker mentions the Mass General Brigham Center for COVID Innovation and CoVent-19 Challenge, quotes Mass General physician Paul Biddinger, investigator Gary Tearney, and resident Richard Boyer (March 31)
- Cambridge biotech seeks OK for coronavirus test that delivers results in 15 minutes – Boston Globe quotes Mass General investigators John Iafrate and David Louis (March 31)
- D.I.Y. Coronavirus Solutions Are Gaining Steam – New York Times quotes Mass General clinical fellow and CoVent-19 Challenge co-director Diana Barragan-Bradford (March 31)
- Here's what nurses treating coronavirus patients at Mass General want you to know – WCVB video features Mass General nurse Sarajane Hall and Blake 12 ICU (March 31)
- Common Heart Drugs' Risk With COVID-19 Unproven, Experts Say – HealthDay News mentions viewpoint authored by Mass General investigator Ankit Patel (March 30)