Our Next Step in the Fight Against COVID-19: Vaccination
In December 2020, the FDA approved Emergency Use Authorization for two COVID-19 vaccines.
Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, former infectious diseases chief, addresses common questions about navigating COVID19 during the winter and shares advice for staying healthy.
To continue to keep you, our patients and our staff safe during the ongoing COVID pandemic, Mass General has updated our Visitor Policy. Thank you for your help and understanding.
Massachusetts General Hospital is participating in a number of local, regional and national clinical trials testing new therapies for COVID-19.
New options for existing patients: information and resources will be available for Patient Gateway. A member of your care team will be able to assess if you can take part in a virtual visit.
Mass General Brigham has launched a system-wide effort to ensure that patients, providers and employees are treated equitably and have access to necessary information during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Video: Our Safe Care Commitment
Learn more from Dr. Katrina Armstrong about Mass General's commitment to providing the best and safest care—whatever your health care needs may be.
As the vaccine becomes available to people across the U.S., information on the vaccine and distribution can be found here.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates
Sign up to receive the latest research, and health and wellness tips on the coronavirus from specialists at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- No, obesity did not reduce the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines in clinical trials – Verify quotes MGH physician Fatima Cody Stanford
- Even With Vaccines, Coronavirus Testing Remains Crucial – GBH News/In It Together program features MGH physician Alister Martin
- Boston doctor surprised by Gov. Baker's decision to move up full reopening – WCVB features MGH physician Ali Raja
- Where You'll Still Need to Wear a Mask in Mass., Even If You're Vaccinated – NBC Boston report features MGH physician-in-chief Katrina Armstrong
- What will commuting look like as Massachusetts fully reopens? – Boston 25 News quotes Mass General Cancer Center program coordinator Nancy Higgins
- DARE-19 Didn't Pay Off for Farxiga in COVID-19 – MedPage Today quotes MGH investigator James Januzzi
- COVID-19 Trigger: Indian Researchers Report First Case of Rare Blood Clot Recurrence in Patient’s Arms – Science Times mentions MGH study
- Use of a Rapid, High-Sensitivity Troponin Protocol Doesn’t Boost 1-Year Outcomes – TCTMD quotes MGH investigator James Januzzi
- Dapagliflozin No Help, But No Harm, in Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients – TCTMD quotes MGH investigator James Januzzi
- Video: Boston doctor answers top questions about CDC's new mask guidance – WCVB report features MGH physician Mark Siedner