If you have symptoms, call your primary care provider before coming to the hospital.
For your safety and the safety of others, please do not come to an urgent care clinic or emergency room unless you have been instructed to do so. If you have life-threatening symptoms like difficulty breathing or chest pressure, please call 911. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe by limiting the spread of the virus and allowing our teams to care for the sickest patients.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Support Mass General's Response to COVID-19
The Emergency Relief Fund supports comprehensive emergency care, critical research efforts and the dissemination of pertinent information.
Preguntas más comunes sobre el coronavirus
Esta semana, la doctora Sarimer Sánchez, de Massachusetts General Hospital responde a preguntas frecuentes sobre el COVID-19 en español.
A Look Inside Coronavirus Preparations at a Major U.S. Hospital
Read an article from the Washington Post on emergency preparedness efforts at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- For Non-English Speakers, Difficult Language Barriers Become Dire Amid Outbreak – WBUR News quotes Mass General chief equity and inclusion officer Joseph Betancourt (April 7)
- Mass General President On How His Hospital Is Preparing For An Expected Surge In Coronavirus Cases – WBUR/RadioBoston radio segment features Mass General president Peter L. Slavin (April 6)
- Mass General among first to test nitric oxide on pandemic patients – Boston Herald coverage of study led by Mass General investigator Lorenzo Berr (April 6)
- Coronavirus patients rush to join studies of Gilead drug – Associated Press quotes Mass General physician Jag Singh and investigator Elizabeth Hohmann (April 6)
- How a discovery that brought us Viagra could help those battling the coronavirus – Los Angeles Times quotes Mass General investigators Lorenzo Berra and Warren Zapol (April 5)
- Thank you, Mass General, for taking care of my father with COVID-19 – Boston Globe coverage of patient care at Mass General (April 5)
- A pandemic that ruptures familiar rituals around dying and death – Boston Globe quotes Mass General ICU nurse Kelsey Conley (April 5)
- Dispatch from MGH: Emotional limbo on the front lines of caring for the very sick with COVID-19 – Boston Globe coverage of COVID-19 care at Mass General (April 4)
- Neighbors show support for MGH nurse through heartwarming homecoming after long day of work – WHDH video report features Mass General nurse Paige Colombo (April 3)
- Boston hospitals getting ‘game changer’ machine that sterilizes 80,000 protective masks a day – Boston Globe quotes Mass General president Peter L. Slavin (April 2)