If you have symptoms, call your primary care provider before coming to the hospital.
For your safety and the safety of others, please do not come to an urgent care clinic or emergency room unless you have been instructed to do so. If you have life-threatening symptoms like difficulty breathing or chest pressure, please call 911. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe by limiting the spread of the virus and allowing our teams to care for the sickest patients.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Support Mass General's Response to COVID-19
The Emergency Relief Fund supports comprehensive emergency care, critical research efforts and the dissemination of pertinent information.
Op-Ed: Don't Reopen Massachusetts Too Early
In the Boston Globe, infection disease specialists, including Dr. Rochelle Walensky of Mass General, argue for caution as the state begins to reopen.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates
Sign up to receive the latest research, and health and wellness tips on the coronavirus from specialists at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- ‘I’ve gotten a couple of dirty looks’: When the coronavirus pandemic and spring allergy season align – Boston Globe quotes Mass General physician Caroline Sokol (June 2)
- Here’s what to know if you want to get a coronavirus antibody test – Boston.com quotes Mass General physician Edward Ryan (June 2)
- Medical Professionals Concerned Large Protests Will Lead to Spike in Coronavirus Cases – NBC Boston report features Mass General physician Ali Raja (June 2)
- Loss of taste and smell is best indicator of COVID-19, study shows – Harvard Gazette quotes Mass General investigator Andrew Chan (June 1)
- How should cruise companies protect passengers and crew from COVID-19? We asked doctors – Miami Herald quotes Mass General physician Michael Callahan (May 31)
- The virus’s tale – Boston Globe quotes Mass General president Peter Slavin, director of Materials Management Ed Raeke, physician Edward Ryan, chief equity and inclusion officer Joseph Betancourt, and MGPO CEO Timothy Ferris (May 30)
- When Testing Positive For The Coronavirus Doesn’t Mean You’re Contagious – WBUR/CommonHealth quotes Mass General physician Erica Shenoy (May 29)
- Novartis Inks Deal to Make Experimental Coronavirus Vaccine – Wall Street Journal coverage of Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear research (May 28)
- The pandemic has parents working harder than ever — and quarantines mean kids might actually see it – Washington Post quotes Mass General psychiatrist Neha Chaudhary (May 28)
- See all media coverage of Mass General >