Our Next Step in the Fight Against COVID-19: Vaccination
In December 2020, the FDA approved Emergency Use Authorization for two COVID-19 vaccines.
Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, former infectious diseases chief, addresses common questions about navigating COVID19 during the winter and shares advice for staying healthy.
To continue to keep you, our patients and our staff safe during the ongoing COVID pandemic, Mass General has updated our Visitor Policy. Thank you for your help and understanding.
Massachusetts General Hospital is participating in a number of local, regional and national clinical trials testing new therapies for COVID-19.
New options for existing patients: information and resources will be available for Patient Gateway. A member of your care team will be able to assess if you can take part in a virtual visit.
Mass General Brigham has launched a system-wide effort to ensure that patients, providers and employees are treated equitably and have access to necessary information during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Video: Our Safe Care Commitment
Learn more from Dr. Katrina Armstrong about Mass General's commitment to providing the best and safest care—whatever your health care needs may be.
As the vaccine becomes available to people across the U.S., information on the vaccine and distribution can be found here.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates
Sign up to receive the latest research, and health and wellness tips on the coronavirus from specialists at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Some Hospitalized COVID Patients Develop Seizures – HealthDay coverage of study co-led by Mass General investigator M. Brandon Westover (April 1)
- The Vaccination Calculus Is Changing for New Parents – The Atlantic coverage of study led by Mass General investigators Andrea Edlow and Galit Alter (March 31)
- Headed to Fenway for Opening Day? What doctors say you should know about your coronavirus risk. – Boston.com quotes Mass General physician Erica Shenoy (March 31)
- Fatima Cody Stanford, MD, MPH, MPA, on COVID complications from obesity – AMA features Mass General physician Fatima Cody Stanford (March 31)
- Covid-19 Vaccinations of Pregnant Mothers Also Protect Newborns, Studies Suggest – Wall Street Journal coverage of study led by Mass General investigators Andrea Edlow and Galit Alter (March 31)
- Recovering from the Emotional Challenges of the Pandemic – New Yorker interview with Mass General psychologist Archana Basu (March 30)
- Free app lets you track COVID-19 symptoms while helping researchers study virus – ABC Action News (Tampa, Fla.) report features Mass General investigator Andrew Chan (March 30)
- Pandemic may have stalled efforts to get Americans to stop smoking – Associated Press quotes Mass General physician Nancy Rigotti (March 28)
- Video: Boston doctor concerned about rise in Massachusetts COVID-19 cases – WCVB features Mass General physician Ali Raja (March 27)
- Pregnant women 'didn't have the data' – until now: COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, even for babies, study shows – USA Today coverage of study led by Mass General investigators Andrea Edlow and Galit Alter (March 27)