Our Next Step in the Fight Against COVID-19: Vaccination
In December 2020, the FDA approved Emergency Use Authorization for two COVID-19 vaccines.
Rochelle Walensky, MD, MPH, chief of infectious diseases at Mass General, addresses common questions about navigating COVID19 during the winter, and shares advice for keeping you and others healthy.
To continue to keep you, our patients and our staff safe during the ongoing COVID pandemic, Mass General has updated our Visitor Policy. Thank you for your help and understanding.
Massachusetts General Hospital is participating in a number of local, regional and national clinical trials testing new therapies for COVID-19.
New options for existing patients: information and resources will be available for Patient Gateway. A member of your care team will be able to assess if you can take part in a virtual visit.
Mass General Brigham has launched a system-wide effort to ensure that patients, providers and employees are treated equitably and have access to necessary information during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Video: Our Safe Care Commitment
Learn more from Dr. Katrina Armstrong about Mass General's commitment to providing the best and safest care—whatever your health care needs may be.
As the vaccine becomes available to people across the U.S., information on the vaccine and distribution can be found here.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates
Sign up to receive the latest research, and health and wellness tips on the coronavirus from specialists at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- For schoolchildren struggling to read, COVID-19 has been a wrecking ball – Boston Globe features Xue Bao and Tiffany Hogan of the Mass General IHP Speech and Language Literacy (SAiL) lab (January 19)
- Frontline Workers Miss Socializing and Camaraderie At Work in Midst of Pandemic – GBH News/In It Together features Mass General nurses Suzanne Algeri and Brittany Sheehan (January 19)
- Incoming CDC director on how Biden administration will tackle COVID-19 – Good Morning America features Mass General physician Rochelle Walensky (January 19)
- US expected to pass 400,000 COVID-19 deaths – Good Morning America features Mass General physician Rochelle Walensky (January 19)
- Hundreds of medical professionals call on Baker to prioritize vaccine access for Black and immigrant communities – Boston Globe quotes Mass General physician Regina LaRocque (January 19)
- yed closely as COVID-19 cases help fill beds – WCVB quotes Mass General Division of Emergency Preparedness Chief Paul Biddinger (January 18)
- MGH Infectious Disease Doctor Discusses Mass.' 1st Confirmed Case Of New COVID-19 Variant – WBUR/Morning Edition features Mass General physician Jacob Lemieux (January 18)
- Smoking listed as high-risk condition for COVID-19, eligible for priority in Mass. vaccine timeline – MassLive (subscription required) quotes Mass General Division of Emergency Preparedness Chief Paul Biddinger (January 18)