Don’t delay care during COVID-19.
We are offering convenient virtual visits, and we have taken unprecedented steps to ensure in-person visits are welcoming and safe. Please do all you can to take care of yourself and your family.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, call your primary care provider before coming to the hospital. If you have life-threatening symptoms like difficulty breathing or chest pressure, please call 911.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Video: Our Safe Care Commitment
Learn more from Dr. Katrina Armstrong about Mass General's commitment to providing the best and safest care—whatever your health care needs may be.
Support Mass General's Response to COVID-19
The Emergency Relief Fund supports comprehensive emergency care, critical research efforts and the dissemination of pertinent information.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates
Sign up to receive the latest research, and health and wellness tips on the coronavirus from specialists at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Fight Over A Controversial "Herd Immunity' Coronavirus Proposal – WBUR/Radio Boston program features Mass General physician Rochelle Walensky (October 20)
- Are hospitals ready for a second wave? – Boston 25 News quotes Mass General Division of Emergency Preparedness chief Paul Biddinger (October 20)
- Trump’s den of dissent: Inside the White House task force as coronavirus surges – Washington Post quotes Mass General physician Rochelle Walensky (October 19)
- Have We Been Thinking About Long-Haul Coronavirus All Wrong? – TIME quotes Mass General physician Ron Tompkins (October 16)
- Could Trump still spread the coronavirus? Probably not, experts say. – New York Times quotes Mass General physician Rochelle Walensky (October 15)
- Twitter verified our medical expertise, but we are powerless to stop Covid-19 misinformation – STAT News opinion co-authored by Mass General physician Christopher Worsham (October 15)
- New reports show coronavirus immunity can last for months – CNN coverage of study co-authored by Mass General investigators Richelle Charles and Jason Harris (October 14)
- People who survive serious COVID-19 have long-lasting immune response, Mass General study shows – Boston Herald coverage of study co-authored by Mass General investigators Richelle Charles and Jason Harris (October 12)
- COVID-19 Deadlier for Men than Women, HMS Study Shows – Harvard Crimson quotes Mass General physician Anahita Dua (October 9)
- 'We don’t know why this is happening’: COVID-19 ‘long haulers’ show mysterious and sometimes debilitating symptoms months after being infected – MassLive quotes Mass General neuropsychiatrist Zeina El-Chemali (October 8)