If you have symptoms, call your primary care provider before coming to the hospital.
For your safety and the safety of others, please do not come to an urgent care clinic or emergency room unless you have been instructed to do so. If you have life-threatening symptoms like difficulty breathing or chest pressure, please call 911. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe by limiting the spread of the virus and allowing our teams to care for the sickest patients.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Care during COVID-19
We are ready to care for you—whatever your health care needs may be. We are committed to providing the very best and safest care possible.
Support Mass General's Response to COVID-19
The Emergency Relief Fund supports comprehensive emergency care, critical research efforts and the dissemination of pertinent information.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates
Sign up to receive the latest research, and health and wellness tips on the coronavirus from specialists at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Millennials and Gen Z are spreading coronavirus—but not because of parties and bars – National Geographic quotes Mass General resident Chuan-Jay Jeffrey Chen (September 17)
- Hospitals Prepare For Vaccine Distribution, Despite Uncertainty Around Timing Of Approval – WBUR/CommonHealth features Mass General Division of Emergency Preparedness chief Paul Biddinger (September 16)
- Back To School In A Pandemic – WGBH/Greater Boston features Mass General physician Sandra Nelson (September 14)
- GWU’s COVID-19 clinical trial has met one early goal — getting Black and Latino people to join – Washington Post quotes Mass General chief equity and inclusion officer Joseph Betancourt (September 11)
- Ask The Doctors: Six Months Of A Pandemic Emergency In Massachusetts – WBUR/Radio Boston features Mass General physician Sandra Nelson (September 10)
- It Will Take More Than a Vaccine to Beat COVID-19 – New Yorker quotes Mass General investigators Rajesh Gandhi, Michael Mansour, and Boris Juelg (September 8)
- Why COVID-19 is more deadly in people with obesity—even if they're young – Science quotes Mass General physician Fatima Cody Stanford (September 8)
- Boston Hospital Finds One COVID-19 Spring Takes Far Higher Toll Than 5 Flu Seasons – WBUR quotes Mass General physician Walter O’Donnell (September 4)
- Wearing a mask may also protect you from the flu – NBC News quotes Mass General physician Ali Raja (September 3)