If you have symptoms, call your primary care provider before coming to the hospital.
For your safety and the safety of others, please do not come to an urgent care clinic or emergency room unless you have been instructed to do so. If you have life-threatening symptoms like difficulty breathing or chest pressure, please call 911. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe by limiting the spread of the virus and allowing our teams to care for the sickest patients.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Care during COVID-19
We are ready to care for you—whatever your health care needs may be. We are committed to providing the very best and safest care possible.
Support Mass General's Response to COVID-19
The Emergency Relief Fund supports comprehensive emergency care, critical research efforts and the dissemination of pertinent information.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates
Sign up to receive the latest research, and health and wellness tips on the coronavirus from specialists at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Experts Warn About Overlap of Flu Season and Second Wave of COVID-19 in The US, Stress on Vaccination – International Business Times quotes Mass General physician Rochelle Walensky (July 5)
- For Nina Coletta, and people like her, recovery from COVID-19 is a long road, taken step by step – Boston Globe mentions patient treatment at Mass General (July 4)
- The Truth About Blood Types and the Coronavirus – Elemental quotes Mass General physician Walter Dzik (July 2)
- Why Latinos Are Hospitalized From COVID-19 Four Times The Rate Of White Americans – NPR/Morning Edition program features Mass General chief equity and inclusion officer Joseph Betancourt (July 1)
- Pediatricians: Students Should Return To In Person Classes, Citing Effects Of Closure On Vulnerable Students – WBUR/Edify quoting Mass General physician Sandra Nelson (June 30)
- America's COVID-19 Response Must Tackle Obesity – Newsweek opinion piece by Mass General physician Fatima Cody Stanford (June 30)
- Mass General Nurses Treat Coronavirus Patients In Navajo Nation – WGBH/All Things Considered interview with Mass General Global Disaster Response deputy director of field operations Lindsey Martin (June 29)
- The Pandemic Revealed Another Gap In Chicago Health Care: Hospitals Are On Their Own To Transfer Patients – WBEZ quotes Mass General Division of Emergency Preparedness chief Paul Biddinger (June 29)
- ‘They Want to Kill Me’: Many Covid Patients Have Terrifying Delirium – New York Times mentions patient treatment at Mass General, quotes physician Peggy Lai (June 28)
- Almost one-third of black Americans know someone who died of COVID-19, survey shows – Washington Post quotes Mass General chief equity and inclusion officer Joseph Betancourt (June 26)