If you have symptoms, call your primary care provider before coming to the hospital.
For your safety and the safety of others, please do not come to an urgent care clinic or emergency room unless you have been instructed to do so. If you have life-threatening symptoms like difficulty breathing or chest pressure, please call 911. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe by limiting the spread of the virus and allowing our teams to care for the sickest patients.
Peter L. Slavin, MD
During our two centuries of delivering care, Mass General has faced many crises. Each time, our hospital has been there for its patients, staff and community, gathering important lessons and building on experiences to apply to the next challenge.
President, Mass General
Support Mass General's Response to COVID-19
The Emergency Relief Fund supports comprehensive emergency care, critical research efforts and the dissemination of pertinent information.
Op-Ed: Don't Reopen Massachusetts Too Early
In the Boston Globe, infection disease specialists, including Dr. Rochelle Walensky of Mass General, argue for caution as the state begins to reopen.
Sign Up for COVID-19 Updates
Sign up to receive the latest research, and health and wellness tips on the coronavirus from specialists at Mass General.
COVID-19 Research at Mass General
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Department of Medicine, in partnership with the Ragon Institute, presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of and response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the latest articles featuring Mass General physicians and infectious-disease experts leading the fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Tight-fitting masks, eye protection crucial for protesters to prevent spread of coronavirus – Boston 25 News report features Mass General physician Ali Raja (June 5)
- I treat COVID patients and work with WHO. Trump is risking our health by cutting ties. – USA Today opinion piece by Mass General physician Vanessa Kerry (June 5)
- A Difficult Balance: Protecting Free Speech And Public Health During A Pandemic – WBUR/Radio Boston radio report features Mass General chief equity and inclusion officer Joseph Betancourt (June 4)
- Bilingual clinicians provide comfort and connection to COVID patients – WCVB coverage of patient care at Mass General, report features Mass General physician Ana Maria Rosales (June 3)
- Study finds hydroxychloroquine, the drug taken by Trump to ward off COVID-19, doesn't prevent coronavirus infection – USA Today quotes Mass General investigator Rajesh Gandhi (June 3)
- ‘I’ve gotten a couple of dirty looks’: When the coronavirus pandemic and spring allergy season align – Boston Globe quotes Mass General physician Caroline Sokol (June 2)
- Here’s what to know if you want to get a coronavirus antibody test – Boston.com quotes Mass General physician Edward Ryan (June 2)
- Medical Professionals Concerned Large Protests Will Lead to Spike in Coronavirus Cases – NBC Boston report features Mass General physician Ali Raja (June 2)
- Loss of taste and smell is best indicator of COVID-19, study shows – Harvard Gazette quotes Mass General investigator Andrew Chan (June 1)
- See all media coverage of Mass General >