The latest news and information about the COVID-19 vaccine. As the vaccine becomes available to people across the U.S., information on the vaccine and distribution can be found here.
In this Q&A, Kimberly Blumenthal, MD, MSc, discusses what may cause an allergic reaction to the vaccine, what makes someone higher risk for an allergy and what doctors can do to help manage risks
Data from phase 3 trials, now publicly available, is consistent with remarkable efficacy across broad range of ages, comorbidities and risk of SARS-CoV-2 exposure.
COVID-19 Vaccination Planning Efforts: A Series
Experts within our system continue to plan and prepare to ensure that once the COVID-19 vaccine is authorized and deemed safe and effective, we will be ready to administer it in an equitable and efficient manner. Watch the videos below to learn more about vaccination efforts.
Support Mass General
The MGH Fund supports all aspects of Mass General's mission, providing funding where and when it is needed to address the areas of greatest need.
COVID-19 Grand Rounds Series
The Department of Medicine presents a series of academic lectures on the impact of & response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Advances in Motion
Information for health care professionals about the latest COVID-19 breakthroughs, research and clinical advances from Mass General.
Additional Resources on COVID-19 Vaccine Development:
- Effectiveness of COVID-19 Vaccines Will Be Heavily Influenced by Infrastructure, as Well as Public Attitudes and Behaviors (Mass General News)
- Survival of the Most: Why Multiple Vaccines May Be the Best Way to Stop the COVID-19 Pandemic (Mass General News)
- Mass Eye and Ear and Mass General Advancing Gene-Based COVID-19 Vaccine (Mass General News)
- Vaccines (COVID Explainer website co-authored by Mass General’s Galit Alter, PhD)
- A Closer Look at the COVID-19 Vaccine Front Runners (Infectious Diseases Hub)
- Coronavirus Vaccine Tracker (The New York Times)