OB/GYN Quality, Equity & Safety
In the OB/GYN Department, we place significant emphasis on our quality assurance program, led by Erik Clinton, MD. A team of doctors, nurses and staff actively reviews the care provided by our clinical divisions: General Obstetrics, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Non-Malignant Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
The quality assurance committees in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology track a defined set of events that may be encountered in association with our practice of obstetrics and gynecology.
As a part of our quality improvement initiative, we are dedicated to reducing readmissions for patients in the OB/GYN Department.
About Our OB/GYN Quality & Safety Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Jeffrey Ecker, MD, chief of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Massachusetts General Hospital, discusses how the quality and safety program in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology benefits patients.
Leadership in Quality, Safety & Equity
Our clinical QA team is assisted by our administrative QA team: Linda Kelly, MS, RN, NP; Katherine Vergara Kruczynski RN BSN MSN; Janet Dorrwachter, NP and Ashley Cambridge.
- OB/GYN Vice Chair for Quality, Equity and Safety
- Medical Director Labor & Delivery and Postpartum
- Departmental Simulation Officer
- Director, MGH IVF Unit
- Chair, Quality Assurance, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Instructor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School
- Instructor at Harvard Medical School
- Chief, Division of Reproductive Medicine and IVF
- Director, Massachusetts General Fertility Center
- Co-Director, MGH Integrated Fibroid Program
Quality Improvement Projects and Resources
The department tracks many performance measures and weighs them against our own goals, as well as national benchmarks. We also review these metrics by patient demographics such as race/ethnicity, preferred language and insurance, to ensure that quality is assured for all of our populations.
You can view some of these metrics, as well as quality improvement projects that are underway or have been completed, on our site.