Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Spine Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, 1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, MBA, Drexel University College of Medicine
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Rush University Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Cha's research interests include understanding the biological and biomechanical aspects of spinal disorders and treatment. He is also particularly interested in evaluation of new technologies, patient safety and optimization of patient outcomes.
- Su BW, Kim PD, Cha TD, Lee J, April EW, Lee FY, Weidenbaum M, Vaccaro AR. An Anatomical Study of the Mid-lateral Pars Relative to the Pedicle Footprint in the Lower Lumbar Spine. Spine. 34(13), 1355-1362, 2009.
- Su BW, Cha TD, Kim PD, Lee J, April EW, Weidenbaum M, Albert TJ, Vaccaro AR. An Anatomic and Radiographic Study of Lumbar Facets Relevant to Percutaneous Transfacet Fixation. Spine , 34(11) E384-390, 2009.
- Cha TD, An HS: Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion. In Hecht, A, Colvin, AC, eds: Atlas of Essential Orthopaedic Procedures. AAOS E-book. In Press.
- Cha TD, Khan S, Farup C, Phillips F: The Quality Adjusted Life Year. In Rihn J, Albert TJ, Vaccaro AR, eds: The Primer on Value Based Spine Care, Chapter 10. In Press.
- Cha TD, Poelstra KA and Ludwig SL: Management of Postoperative Lumbar Wound Infections. In Ludwig SL, Poelstra KA, eds: Arthritis and Arthroplasty: The Spine, Chapter 38, Part 8.
- Vaccaro AR, Su BW, Cha TD: New Biomaterials for Cervical Fusion: Resorbable Anterior Plates. In Mummaneni PV, Kanter AS, Wang MY, and Haid RW, eds: Cervical Spine Surgery: Current Trends and Challenges, Chapter 21, Part 3.