Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Newton-Wellesley Sports Medicine
2000 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02462
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residency, UMASS Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Nascimento has a research interest in novel techniques to decrease patient pain and narcotic medication use follow open and arthroscopic shoulder and knee surgery. He is helping to pioneer new standards of care for addressing these issues.
Dr. Nascimento also has interest in the biomechanics of ACL tears and the post reconstructed knee, as well as optimum return to play criteria following shoulder and knee surgery.
- Nascimento RJ and Schepsis AA. Patellofemoral Disorders. In: ACSM’s Sports Medicine: A Comprehensive Review. 3rd Ed. New York: Lippicott Williams &Wilkins; Spring 2012.
- Nascimento RJ and Connolly PJ. Factors Affecting Surgical Decision-Making. In: Lin, VW, ed. Spinal Cord Medicine: Principles and Practice. 2nd Ed. New York: Demos; 2010.
- Nascimento RJ, and DeAngelis NA. Acute Knee Injuries in the Athlete. In: Busconi BD, Stevenson JH, eds. Sports Medicine Consult. Philadelphia: LLW; 2009.
- Eskander M, McPhee E, Eskander J, Nascimento RJ, McCormick J, Hao S, Shepro D, Johnson, K. A Left Knee Wound Complication by Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasties. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2008 Jan 23.
- Nascimento RJ, Varney TE, Kasparyan NG, Warhold LG. Intracortical Osteoid Osteoma of the Scaphoid. Orthopedics. 2007;30 (7):573-4.