Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine
- Residency, University of Toronto Division of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Mount Sinai Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Heng has completed a Masters of Public Health (MPH) degree through the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD with a certificate in Quality, Patient Safety and Outcomes Research. Her research interests include improving patient quality of care through efficiency, management and directed measurement of patient outcomes related to performance.
She is interested in multi-disciplinary approaches to quality of care involving the collaboration of geriatricians, nursing, public-health professionals, and engineers with surgeons.
- Heng M, Wright JG. Dedicated operating room for emergency surgery improves access and efficiency. Canadian J Surg. 2013; 56(3): 167-174.
- Heng M, Kwon JY. A percutaneous osteotomy for irreducible or malunited tongue-type calcaneus fractures. Foot Ankle Int. 2014; 35(4): 408-414.
- Menendez ME, Ring D, Heng M. Proximal humerus fracture with injury to the axillary artery: A population-based study. Injury. 2015; 46(6): 1367-1371.
- Heng M, Eagen CE, Javedan H, Kodela J, Weaver MJ, Harris MB. Abnormal mini-cog is associated with higher risk of complications and delirium in geriatric fracture patients. J Bone Joint Surg (Am). 2016 May 4; 98(9): 742-750.
- Finger A, Teunis T, Hageman MG, Ziady ER, Ring D, Heng M. Association between opioid intake and disability after operative treatment of ankle fractures. J Am Acad Orthop Surgeons. 2017; 25(5): 519-526.
- Heng M, McTague MF, Lucas RC, Harris MB, Vrahas MS, Weaver MJ. Patient perceptions of the use of medical marijuana in the treatment of pain following musculoskeletal trauma: A survey of patients at two trauma centers in Massachusetts. J Orthop Trauma. 2018; 32(1): e25-e30.
- Van der Vliet QMJ, Hietbrink F, Casari F, Leenan LPH, Heng M. Factors influencing functional outcomes of subtalar fusion for posttraumatic arthritis after calcaneal fracture. Foot Ankle Int. 2018. 39(9): 1062-1069.
- Basilico M, Bhashyam AR, Harris MB, Heng M. Prescription opioid type and the likelihood of prolonged opioid use after orthopaedic surgery. J Am Acad Orthop Surgeons. 2018 Oct 4. doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-17-00663.