IN THIS ARTICLE: Less invasive spine procedures can reduce adverse events and improve clinical outcomes. Such surgeries take advantage of new imaging technologies and protocols.
Saechin Kim, MD, PhD
Saechin Kim, MD, PhD
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
Adult Spinal Reconstruction Orthopaedic Surgeon
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Children's Orthopaedics Service
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Waltham: Mass General Waltham
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
Mass General Orthopaedics: Children's Orthopaedics in Danvers
102-104 Endicott Street
Lower Level 00
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Residency, Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston)
- Fellowship, Inselspital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Kim's research interests are in improving surgical techniques to correct scoliosis and the molecular processes involved in an animal model of avascular necrosis of the femoral epiphyses, which may be a model for Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease.
- Galvin BD, Kim S, Horvitz HR. Caenorhabditis elegans genes required for the engulfment of apoptotic corpses function in the cytotoxic cell deaths induced by mutations in lin-24 and lin-33. Genetics. 2008 May; 179(1):403-17.
- Siebenrock KA, Tannast J, Kim S, Morgenstern W, Ganz R. Acetabular reconstruction using a roof reinforcement ring with hook for total hip arthroplasty in developmental dysplasia of the hip-osteoarthritis minimum 10-year follow-up results. J Arthroplasty. 2005 Jun;20(4):492-8.
- Kim S, Rodrigue S, Mansfield F. Nonoperative treatment for lumbar disc herniation with radiculopathy and for lumbar spinal stenosis. Curr Opin in Orthopedics. 1999 Apr;10(2):137-141.
- Kim S, Magendantz M, Katz W, Solomon F. Development of a differentiated microtubule structure: formation of the chicken erythrocyte marginal band in vivo. JCB. 1987 Jan;104(1):51-59.