Steve Makovitch, DO
Steve Makovitch, DO
Instructor, Harvard Medical School, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Waltham: Mass General Waltham
Sports Medicine at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
3rd Floor, Suite 3300
Waltham, MA 02451
159 Wells Ave.
Newton, MA 02459
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
300 First Ave.
Charlestown , MA 02129
- DO, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency, McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
- Residency, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Fellowship, University of Utah Hospital
- Fellowship, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics
American Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Makovitch, S.A., Mills, C.A. & Eng, C. Update on Evidence-Based Diagnosis and Treatment of Acetabular Labral Tears. Curr Phys Med Rehabil Rep 8, 342–353 (2020).
Makovitch S, Eng C. Spine Injuries in Gymnasts. In: Sweeney E. (eds) Gymnastics Medicine. Springer, Cham, 2020.
Eng C, Makovitch S. Head and Neck Injuries in Gymnasts. In: Sweeney E. (eds) Gymnastics Medicine. Springer, Cham, 2020.
Makovitch S, Caldwell M, Atchison J. Spinal Manipulation: The Osteopathic Approach to Rehabilitation In “Principles of Rehabilitation Medicine”. Raj Mitra. New York, NY: McGraw Hill, 2019.
Petron D, Makovitch S. Neurologic Problems in the Athlete. 265-279. IN Netter’s Sports Medicine. Madden, Christopher et al. Elsevier Health Sciences, 2017
Makovitch S, Blauwet C. Traumatic Knee Injuries. In Gender and Sex Differences in Sports Medicine. Springer Publishing Company; 2016 May 28. New York, NY.
Henrie M, Makovitch S, Willick S. Sports Medicine Procedures IN Sports Medicine 2E: Study Guide and Review for Boards. Springer Publishing Company; 2016