In 2022, the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery welcomed six new physicians to their team.
Ryan Lohre, MD
Ryan Lohre, MD
Orthopaedic Shoulder Surgeon
Member of the Faculty, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Shoulder Service at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
3rd Floor, Suite 3300
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, University of British Columbia
- Residency, British Columbia Children's Hospital
- Residency, Royal Columbian Hospital, New Westminster, B.C.,Ca
- Residency, St. Paul's Hospital
- Residency, Vancouver General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital - Clinical Trainees
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Lohre has a special research interest in both the shoulder and scapula. He focuses his research on the surgical outcomes of open and arthroscopic procedures, developing new evaluations and treatment modalities and how to best teach the next generation of surgeons. Immersive virtual reality and its application to teaching, preoperative planning and patient experience are also areas of interest.
See a complete list of my publications.
- Swanson D, Fang CJ, Mahendraraj K, Lohre R, Veale M, Hart PA, Kirsch J, Jawa A. Are the best anatomic total shoulder arthroplasties better than the best reverse shoulder arthroplasties? JSES Seminars in Arthroplasty. 2022.
- Lohre R, Elhassan B. Serratus Anterior Dysfunction Examination: Wall Push-up or Shoulder Flexion Resistance Test? JSES International. 2022.
- Lohre R, Verhofe B, Hedequist D, Jacobson J, Goel DP. Current Applications and Future Use of Immersive Virtual Reality in Pediatric Orthopaedic Training. Journal of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (JPOSNA). 2022.
- Lohre R, Bois A, Athwal GS, Lapner P, Pollock J, Goel DP. Effectiveness of Immersive Virtual Reality for Orthopaedic Surgical Skills and Knowledge Acquisition: A Randomized Controlled Trial. JAMA Network Open. 2020, 3(12):e2031217.
- Lohre R., Bois A., Athwal G.S., Goel D.P. CSES. Improved Complex Skill Acquisition by Immersive Virtual Reality: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020, 102(6):e26.