Information about the ResearchMatch registration process for clinical researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Before getting started with ResearchMatch, make sure you are ready to register by answering the following 2 questions:
Question 1. Are you employed by Massachusetts General Hospital?
- If yes, please go to question 2.
- If no, you may not use this tool at this time as it is only available to sites that have signed the ResearchMatch agreement.
Question 2. Do you want to view ResearchMatch for feasibility purposes or for actual recruitment?
- If feasibility, please register for ResearchMatch feasibility access on Step 2 of the registration process. This will allow you to view aggregate data regarding the ResearchMatch population starting today. Remember to include your institutional email address when registering (e.g: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If recruitment, do you have IRB approval to use ResearchMatch as a recruitment tool for this study?
- If yes, please go to the “Register for Recruitment Access Steps” below.
- If no, please follow these instructions:
- Step 1. Register for ResearchMatch feasibility access on Step 2 of the registration process. This will allow you to view aggregate data regarding the ResearchMatch population starting today. Remember to include your institutional email address when registering (e.g: email@example.com)
- Step 2. Submit an amendment to add ResearchMatch as a new proposed recruitment tool to your existing IRB application. Template language to add ResearchMatch as a tool to an existing protocol is available here.
- Step 3. Tip: Since you will be submitting an amendment to add ResearchMatch to your list of recruitment methods, save time by including the contact message that you plan to send to possible volunteer matches through ResearchMatch. More details regarding this contact message are available after you register for feasibility access and open up the Search tool in ResearchMatch.
- Step 4. Once you have been granted IRB approval to use ResearchMatch, you may login with your username and password and add your study to the system through the researcher dashboard.
Register for ResearchMatch Recruitment Access Directions:
Please note: You will need to complete the entire registration process in one sitting. While registration only takes a few minutes, it will be expedited if you have the following readily available:
Proceed by registering for ResearchMatch (RM) recruitment access if you meet the following additional requirements:
- You are the Principal Investigator (PI) or an individual who is authorized to recruit for an IRB-approved study on behalf of the study PI at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- This document must include a valid IRB expiration date.
- If your study is IRB exempt, you must attach the acknowledgment/approval documentation of this exemption
- If you are not the PI, you must provide the contact name, email, and phone number of the PI.
- You can upload an electronic (or scanned) copy of your current IRB letter of approval for the study you are registering on ResearchMatch, which cites that this study is active and approved by the IRB.
Once again, if you do not have IRB approval to use ResearchMatch but wish to register today, please proceed with requesting feasibility access when you register. Once you are logged in as a registered ResearchMatch researcher you may add a study at any time.