Learn more about the units in the Division of Clinical Research that provide support to clinical researchers and study staff.
- Comparative Effectiveness Unit: Supports researchers that seek to improve the clinical practice of medicine and population health.
- Drug Discovery Rounds Unit- Provides opportunities for meetings between our investigators and leaders in the pharma and biotech world.
- Electronic Health Records Unit - Facilitates investigations drawing on large clinical databases, most notably large-scale electronic health records (EHR).
- Global Health Research Unit - Offers consultations on the conduct of global health research, as well as sponsors campus-wide seminars on general principles for global health research.
- Imaging Biomarkers Unit - Provides consultations to help investigators identify questions in their research that can be answered by using imaging technologies.
- Information Technology Unit - Supports the increasing information technology needs of Massachusetts General Hospital's clinical investigative community.
- Mentoring Corner - Assists mentees in identifying appropriate mentors, and to provide mentorship tools.
- Omics Unit - Assists investigators in genetic and genomic study design and execution.
- Patient Centered Outcomes Research Unit - Facilitates clinical research that addresses the comparative effectiveness of different healthcare options from the perspective of patient outcomes.
- Philanthropy Education Unit - Coordinates meetings between past and present investigators at Massachusetts General Hospital to brainstorm the best ways to raise philanthropic support for clinical research projects.
- Qualitative Research Unit - Helps researchers investigate the "why" and "how" of questions related to healthcare and biomedicine.
- Research Ethics Consultation Unit - Assists Mass General investigators in considering and resolving ethical and IRB review issues and improve quality of IRB submissions.
- Study Hypothesis and Design Unit - Provides support for new clinical research studies and research networks, as well as resubmissions of federal grants.
- Survey Research Unit - Provides expertise in all aspects of survey design, implementation, analysis and reporting.
- Trial Innovation Unit - Provide support and guidance to investigators in the start-up phase of clinical studies.