An overview of resources for fundamental researchers working at Massachusetts General Hospital, including administrative support, education and consultation services and more.
The Massachusetts General Hospital Research Institute was established to guide, support and promote the hospital’s existing research enterprise. Here is a brief overview of resources available to researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital. For a complete list, please visit the Mass General Research Intranet (log-in required).
Many of the units and centers below are administered by the Division of Clinical Research but are open to the entire Mass General Research Institute community.
New Webpage for COVID Funding Opportunities
In an effort to increase collaboration across our institutions and put forward our best applications for COVID-related funding opportunities, Mass General Brigham Center for COVID Innovation has created a central database for researchers to view open and competitive funding announcements. We have aggregated opportunities from federal and private funding sources including NIH, DoD, CDC, EPA, foundations, and more. The database defaults to sorting by award amount and can also be sorted by deadline or filtered by research focus. Please complete our survey located on the webpage if you would like to apply to any of the opportunities marked with a star so we can coordinate across the institutions. If you have any questions about the website or any of the funding opportunities included, please email us.
Please click here to view these funding opportunities.
Fundamental Research Units
Learn more about units for fundamental research.
- Drug Discovery Rounds Unit- Provides opportunities for meetings between our investigators and leaders in the pharma and biotech world
- Imaging Biomarkers Unit - Provides consultations to help investigators identify questions in their research that can be answered by using imaging technologies
- Information Technology Unit - Supports the increasing information technology needs of Massachusetts General Hospital's investigative community
- Mentoring Corner - Assists mentees in identifying appropriate mentors and provides mentorship tools
- Omics Unit - Assists investigators in genetic and genomic study design and execution
- Philanthropy Education Unit - Coordinates meetings between past and present investigators at Massachusetts General Hospital to brainstorm the best ways to raise philanthropic support for research projects.
- Research Ethics Consultation Unit - Assists Mass General investigators in considering and resolving ethical and IRB review issues and improve quality of IRB submissions
Fundamental Research Centers
Learn more about the centers for fundamental research.
- Bioinformatics Consortium: Provides bioinformatics and wider genomics services, consulting, education and training for the broader research community
- Biostatistics Center: Collaborates with Mass General researchers on laboratory studies, acts as a statistical center for national and international studies and conducts research in statistical methodology
- Center for Research Education: Offers courses and seminars to address the unique and rapidly changing needs of the Massachusetts General Hospital research community
- Mass General Brigham Biobank at Mass General: Provides researchers with access to high-quality samples to help foster research and advance the practice of medicine and our understanding of the causes of common diseases
- Pediatric Translational Research Center: Develops effective new personalized and preventative strategies for disorders starting in childhood