Browse by Medical Category
Research at Mass General
Supported Clinical Research Tests and Prices, MGH Pathology Clinical Core Labs
Mass General Pathology Service Support for Research Testing
MGH Pathology Service Policy Concerning testing of research specimens in the Clinical Pathology Core laboratories [Gray 5].
This memo is generated in relationship to the closure of the CLR in January 2015 and is meant to provide some guidance during the transition period. The MGH Pathology Service supports research testing in the context of our patient care services and in compliance with Medicare and Research billing regulations. The follow guidelines apply to research testing conducted by the Clinical Pathology Core laboratories [Gray 5]. These guidelines have been designed to ensure the safety of human subjects, not interfere with patient care testing and to be fully compliant with all CLIA and billing regulatory requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions - Research Support by MGH Clinical Pathology Core Laboratories
1. What tests will be supported in MGH Clinical Pathology Core Labs.?
2. Where do I find out what tests are supported?
3. Where can I find out the prices of supported tests?
4. Where can I get testing done for tests that are not supported?
5. How do I submit specimens for testing?
6. How do I get results?
7. What is the process for billing and payment?
8. Who do I contact to resolve issues?
a. For billing issues – David Rasmussen email@example.com
9. Can the unused specimen volume be returned?
10. Can the laboratory prepare aliquots for return to the investigator of to be shipped out to other laboratories for testing?
11. Can I get discarded clinical specimens from the laboratory?
12. Can I submit animal specimens?
Please open this PDF file for a list of cinical research tests that are supported by the Clinical Pathology Core laboratories on Gray 5. The Mass General Pathology Service now supports research testing only in the context of patient care services.
Back to Top