Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Mass General Waltham-Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
52 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451-1155
- MD, SUNY at Syracuse (Upstate) College of Medicine
- Residency, Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Rheumatology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Clinical Studies at the MGH Scleroderma Program
- Prospective Registry In Scleroderma at MGH (PRISM)- Database and bio-repository of patients with scleroderma seen at the MGH Scleroderma Program.
- Lysophosphatidic Acid (LPA) as a Biomarker in Scleroderma- Evaluate whether LPA levels in the blood and skin can help us understand disease progression in scleroderma.
- MRI to Evaluate Vascular Abnormalities in Scleroderma- Use of hand MRI to determine whether vascular (blood vessel) abnormalities are an early finding in scleroderma.
- Abatacept Systemic Sclerosis Trial (ASSET, Phase II trial)- Evaluate the treatment of Abatacept in patients with diffuse scleroderma.
- Prospective Registry in Early Systemic Sclerosis (PRESS)- A collaborative, multi-center database of patients in the early stages of scleroderma.
- Scleroderma Clinical Trials Consortium (SCTC) Calcinosis Working Group- A collaborative, multi-center database of patients with scleroderma and calcinosis.
For further information, please contact: Ana Fernandes (email@example.com, 617-724-2792)
- Schoenfeld SR, Castelino FV. Evaluation and management approaches for scleroderma lung disease. Ther Adv Resp Dis. 2017 Jun 1.
- Castelino FV, Bain G, Pace VA, Black KE, George L, Probst CK, Goulet L, Lafyatis R, Tager AM. An Autotaxin-LPA-IL-6 Amplification Loop Drives Scleroderma Fibrosis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016 Dec;68(12):2964-2974
- Castelino FV, Varga J. Emerging cellular and molecular targets in fibrosis: implications for scleroderma pathogenesis and targeted therapy. Curr Opin Rheum 2014 Nov;26(6):607-14
- Castelino FV, Varga J. Current Status of Systemic Sclerosis Biomarkers. Expert Rev Clin Immunol, 2013 Nov; 9 (11):1077-90.
- Castelino FV. Lipids and Eicosanoids in Fibrosis: Emerging Targets for Therapy. Curr Op Rheum 2012; 24 (6): 649-655.
- Castelino FV, Goldberg H, Dellaripa PF. The Impact of Rheumatologic Evaluation in the Management of Patients with Interstitial Lung Disease. Rheumatology 2011 Mar;50(3):489-93.
- Castelino FV, Seiders J, Bain G, Brooks SF, King C, Swaney J, Lorrain D, Chun J, Luster AD, Tager AM. Amelioration of dermal fibrosis by genetic deletion or pharmacologic antagonism of lysophosphatidic acid receptor 1 in a mouse model of scleroderma. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2011. May; 63(5):1405-15.