Learn more about HAVEN at MGH
The Mass General understands that it takes a coordinated community response to end abuse. In the following pages, you will find information about Mass General services for survivors of intimate partner abuse as well as community resources.
HAVEN offers a variety of services to help all survivors of intimate partner abuse. Some of HAVEN’s services are listed below.
For survivors of intimate partner abuse:
- Ongoing counseling
- Safety Planning
- Accompaniment to court or other appointments
- Referrals to Resources (within or outside of Mass General)
- Support Groups
- Educational Workshops
For health care providers:
- Consults for professionals employed at Mass General and others within the community
- Trainings on all aspects of the work that HAVEN does and the dynamics of intimate partner abuse
- Policy and Protocol Development within Mass General
- Awareness events at schools
If you are affected by violence perpetrated by someone other than your intimate partner, such as a family member, friend, neighbor or stranger, there are resources available to support you. Please see our Non-Intimate Partner Violence Organizations Resource Sheet to learn more about organizations and programs in your area.
Also, if you have been sexually assaulted please contact the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, 24 hours a day at 800-841-8371 or www.barcc.org