Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency, New York Presbyterian Columbia Medical Center
- Fellowship, New York Presbyterian Columbia Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. D'Alessandro research has studied the effects and effectiveness of mechanical circulatory support systems, including ventricular assist devices. He has participated in numerous clinical trials, with a focus on mitral valve repair and replacement.
In addition to numerous publications and scientific presentations, he was awarded a U.S. patent for a novel cardiac stabilizer with a potential application to beating heart surgery. Dr. D'Alessandro was a co-investigator in the NHLBI sponsored Cardiothoracic Surgical Trials Network and an active participant in trial design and implementation. Additional areas of interest include stem cell applications for myocardial regeneration and ex-vivo organ perfusion and resuscitation.