Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Division of Thoracic Surgery
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency, NIH, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Residency, Western Chest Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Thoracic Surgery, American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Clinical research: Diseases of airway, thoracic oncology
- Honings J, Gaissert HA, Weinberg AC, Mark EJ, Wright CD, Wain JC, Mathisen DJ. Prognostic value of pathologic characteristics and resection margins in tracheal adenoid cystic carcinoma. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2010:37;1438-44.
- Gaissert HA, Keum DY, Wright CD, Ancukiewicz M, Monroe E, Donahue DM, Wain JC, Lanuti M, Allan JS, Choi NC, Mathisen DJ. Operative risk of pneumonectomy: influence of preoperative induction therapy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2009;21:278-283.
- Lanuti M, deDelva PE, Gaissert HA, Wright CD, Wain JC, Allan JS, Donahue DM, Mathisen DJ. Review of superior vena cava resection in the management of benign disease and pulmonary or mediastinal malignancies. Ann Thorac Surg 2009;88:392-397.
- Merritt RE, Mathisen DJ, Wain JC, Gaissert HA, Donahue DM, Lanuti M, Allan JA, Morse CR, Wright CD. Long-term results of sleeve lobectomy in the management of non-small cell lung carcinoma and low grade neoplasms. Ann Thorac Surg 2009;88:1574-1582.
- Liberman M, Mathisen DJ. Tailored cricoplasty: an improved modification for reconstruction in subglottic tracheal stenosis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2009 Mar;137(3):573-8; discussion 578-9.