Learn more about what Genevieve Boland, MD, PhD, does and who inspired her to enter the health care field.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Surgical Oncology Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, PhD, Thomas Jefferson University
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
American Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Complex General Surgical Oncology, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Boland's research focuses on questions relating to melanoma genetics, biology, and immunology using genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic approaches to profiling patient-derived samples.
Current Research Interests:
- Identification of circulating biomarkers of cancer and integration into the clinical management of cancer patients.
- Analysis of treatment-related effects on the tumor and microenvironment, including changes occurring during treatment with immunotherapy.
- Tumor heterogeneity and tumor evolution.
- The combined use of surgery and systemic therapy for treatment of high risk melanoma patients.
- Neoadjuvant and adjuvant approaches via direct-to-tumor therapies.