A patient consults with Shawn Fagan, MD, during a virtual visit
"Staying in contact with my Mass General doctor from the convenience of Spaulding was huge. It was like talking to my doctor face-to-face—he had the equipment to see me, make decisions and treat me. My virtual visit only took 20 minutes instead of a whole day of transport to Mass General. I definitely recommend it, 100%."
- TeleHealth patient
The Massachusetts Sumner Redstone Burn Center is dedicated to optimizing the care provided to all patients by creating partnerships and leveraging telehealth technology. In collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital TeleHealth, the TeleBurns virtual visit program provides patients convenient and secure virtual follow-up visits with their Mass General Burn Center care team and gives clinicians immediate access to sub-specialty expertise for emergent situations. Patients and their families can avoid unnecessary travel while receiving the same level of care in their home communities.
To participate, patients connect with their Mass General care team through a secure videoconferencing connection to see, hear and speak to each other. When appropriate, patients may still need to see their Mass General clinician in person.
Expert Consultations and Specialist Support
TeleBurns encompasses 24/7 triage of patients with large and small thermal injuries, cold injuries, degenerative skin disorders, and complex wounds for both adult and pediatric patients. TeleBurns’s multidisciplinary approach aims to create relationships where Mass General expertise can help community clinicians keep low acuity patients in their local community, and develop an easy-access mechanism for referral to Mass General for high acuity patients. In addition, TeleBurns includes access to surgical, psychiatric, therapeutic and nutritional experts that can provide emergent and long-term care consultations, patient rounding, and continuing education programs for external clinical teams. While TeleBurns is an overall integrated program, there are specific TeleBurns offerings, such as (1) emergent consultations, (2) long-term care consultations, and (3) online education offerings.
Through TeleBurns External ED, community clinicians will be able to access Mass General sub-specialized expertise in treating thermal and cold injuries from their emergency department. This allows certain patients to remain in their local community, while also helping to identify patients who require care at a verified burn center.
Long-term Care Consultations
The MGH TeleBurns Program provides TeleRounding consults at rehabilitation hospitals for post-acute patients that have thermal and cold injuries, or complex wounds. Through TeleRounding, rehabilitation hospitals can eliminate unnecessary patient transfers to and from Mass General, resulting in better adherence to a scheduled rehabilitation program, and can lead to faster recovery and expedite the patient’s return home.
This TeleBurns program is currently being successfully deployed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Center. This provides patients the opportunity to have convenient and secure virtual follow-up visits with their Mass General Burn Center care team while maintaining a rehabilitation schedule at Spaulding. Patients can avoid unnecessary travel and missed days of therapy. This means getting better, faster.
Online Continuing Education
The Mass General Burn Center offers an online clinical educational series designed with the same multi-disciplinary focus of care that is delivered by our team at Mass General. Program content covers both the inpatient and outpatient settings with recorded video lectures for physicians, nurses, therapists, psychiatrists and nutritionists. All lectures are accredited for continuing medical education credits across all clinical specialties, with each lecture being certified as AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for physicians.
The following lectures can be accessed from https://www.phscpd.org/activities/activity-detail/teleburns-clinical-education:
- Modern Burn Therapy - Shawn Fagan, MD, FACS
- Neuropsychiatric Aspects in the Burn Patient - Shamim Nejad, MD
- Alternative Hypermetabolism: Feeding the Burn Patient - Meghan Baker, MS, RD, LDN, CNSC
- The Bodys Response to Burn Injury: Part I, Conservative Wound Care - Mary Liz Bilodeau, RN, MS, CCRN, ACNPC
- Treatment of Frostbite and the Emerging Role of tPA - Shawn Fagan, MD, FACS
- Assessment and Treatment of Scars: Part I, Operative Intervention - Jeremy Goverman, MD, FACS
- Physical and Occupational Therapy: Assessment and Treatment of Patients Across the Continuum of Care Part I - Robert Dorman, PT, DPT, GCS; Logan Sharma, OTR/L, CHT
- Physical and Occupational Therapy: Assessment and Treatment of Patients Across the Continuum of Care Part II - Robert Dorman, PT, DPT, GCS; Logan Sharma, OTR/L, CHT
- Assessment and Treatment of Scars: Part II, Non-Operative Intervention - Jeremy Goverman, MD, FACS
- The Bodys Response to Burn Injury: Part II, Surgical Management - Mary Liz Bilodeau, RN, MS, CCRN, ACNPC
Safe, Secure and Private
Mass General wants to ensure that patients receive the highest quality of health care. The relationship between Mass General and its patients is built on trust. This trust includes committing to and respecting the privacy and confidentiality of patient health information:
- Just like a regular doctor’s appointment, a TeleBurns visit will be kept private and confidential
- Mass General uses the most advanced and secure videoconferencing software so that patients' appointments cannot be hacked or intercepted
- Personal health information will be safely recorded and placed in patients' medical records
- The "Partners Notice for Use and Sharing of Protected Health Information" provides additional details on how Mass General maintains and protects patient health information
As with any electronic transmission, the privacy and security of patient health information cannot be guaranteed. Mass General has taken every step possible to ensure that TeleBurns virtual visits will be private and secure by utilizing the most advanced videoconferencing software.