The MGH Corrigan Minehan Heart Center offers multidisciplinary care for various cardiovascular conditions. In conjunction with the Mass General TeleHealth Program, the Heart Center has launched a virtual visit program that is currently available to selected patients. Our goal is to remotely provide continuing care for our existing patients in the comfort and convenience of their own homes. And as we learn more about how our patients and providers use this "TeleHeart" program, we hope to expand this service to many more of our Heart Center patients. Please ask your clinician for more information about our TeleHeart program to find out if you're eligible to participate.
Learn more about the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center Patient Experience.
What is TeleHeart?
Massachusetts General Hospital’s TeleHeart program is a new way to meet with your clinician online via videoconference. All you need to register for a TeleHeart virtual visit is a computer with a webcam and high-speed internet access.
What can TeleHeart do for me?
- Deliver personalized and convenient care to you in the comfort of your home, work or any private location
- Reduce the time, cost and stress associated with traveling to an in-person office visit
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant
- Cardiovascular Performance
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Service
- Thoracic Aortic Center
Is TeleHeart safe, secure and private?
Mass General wants to ensure you receive the highest quality of health care and to have a relationship with you built on trust. This trust includes our commitment to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your health information:
- Just like a regular doctor’s appointment, your TeleHeart visit needs to be kept private and confidential. It is important that you select a private and secure place for your TeleHeart visit so that others cannot see or hear your protected health information
- We use the most advanced and secure videoconferencing software so that your appointment cannot be hacked or intercepted
- Your personal health information will be safely recorded and placed in your medical record
- Please see the Partners Notice for Use and Sharing of Protected Health Information for more details on how we maintain and protect your health information
As with any electronic transmission, the privacy and security of your personal health information cannot be absolutely guaranteed. Mass General has taken every step possible to ensure that your TeleHeart visit will be private and secure. Still, it is important to make sure that you have selected a private and secure place from which to participate in your TeleHeart appointment.