Explore Our Services and Resources
Mass General's Center for TeleHealth has expanded virtual consult care beyond its well-established Neurology program offerings and now includes Dermatology, Psychiatry, Burns, Orthopedic Trauma and Neonatology along with other subspecialty Critical Care offerings. By partnering with us, you will be able to provide enhanced care for complex patients through accessing our world-renowned specialist.
Please take a moment to review our current external virtual consult programs. New services are continuously under development based on clinical need.
Physicians receive timely medical consultations to assist in the treatment and triage of dermatological cases. This program is designed to both augment existing dermatology services experiencing capacity issues as well as provide access to care where access is currently limited or unavailable. For additional information, please reference this brochure (PDF).
Our teleneurology services expand beyond our flagship TeleStroke program and include comprehensive emergency services and non-emergency access to a wide variety of neurologic expertise in various care settings. For more information, please visit their website or reference this brochure (PDF).
Newborn MedicinePhysicians and pediatric providers may access on demand consultations provided by Mass General neonatologists. Your physicians receive immediate medical consultations to assist in stabilizing the neonate, evaluating the appropriate level of care and supporting the preparation for transport if needed. For additional information, please reference this brochure (PDF).
Patient Assessment Process for Online Request for Transfer (PASSPORT)
PASSPORT is a dedicated application supporting enhanced triaging of transfer requests and transfer appropriateness. PASSPORT enables submission of photos and basic details related to the request. The app is available to New England-based healthcare providers when requests are submitted via their hospital domain email addresses. Initially launched with the Burns Surgery Service at Mass General, PASSPORT requests are routed to the appropriate clinical department. Within minutes, the selected clinical service will review the request and determine if a transfer is appropriate, resulting in an extremely efficient and responsive process.
Pediatric Critical Care
Physicians and pediatric providers may access on demand consultations provided by Mass General pediatric intensivists. Your physicians receive immediate medical consultations to assist in stabilizing the patient, evaluating the appropriate level of care and supporting the preparation for transport if needed. For additional information, please reference this brochure (PDF).
PsychiatryThe Mass General Visiting Program provides access to extraordinary Mass General clinicians collaborating directly with staff at your health care facility. For more information, please visit their website or LinkedIn page or reference this brochure (PDF).
Meet Our Lead Consult Doctors
Below you will find some of our virtual lead consult doctors.
- Director, MGH Epilepsy Service
- Professor of Neurology Harvard Medical School
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School
- MGH Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service
- Assistant Professor of Neurology - Harvard Medical School
- Director, Neurology Inpatient Services; Routine and Urgent Teleneurology Program
- Associate Director, Neuromyelitis Optica Clinic and Research Unit
- Co-Director Pediatric Stroke and Cerebrovascular Service
- Assistant Professor of Neurology Harvard Medical School
- Co-Director of the Neurobiology of Disease Harvard Advance Course
- Associate Chief, Division of Neonatology and Newborn Medicine
- Medical Director, Neonatology
- Assistant Professor in Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training
- Executive Director, MGH Psychiatry Academy
- Associate Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School
- Associate Director, Mass General Brigham Telestroke Program
Patrick Gordon, MD
I participated in a video TeleNeurology consult for a patient that included the patients family and several medical services. It was amazing to see how the TeleNeurology service was able to bring all of these individuals together around the patient in a hospital bed. I felt that the consult was inclusive and thorough, and everyone left the experience feeling supported and cared for. I had a simple neurology question about seizures that the TeleNeurologist was able to answer in a timely and efficient fashion, and this supported our continued care for the patient.
Chief of Pulmonary-Critical Care, Salem Hospital