Michael Prendergast, MD, BAO, MBBCH
Michael Prendergast, MD, BAO, MBBCH
Instructor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4310
About Michael Prendergast, MD, BAO, MBBCH
Michael Prendergast is an attending Neonatologist in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and the Director for Quality and Safety for the Division of Neonatology & Newborn Medicine at MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC); he is an Instructor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Prendergast earned his medical degree from University College Dublin, Ireland and his PhD from King's College London, U.K. He completed his residency in Pediatrics through the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (Pediatrics) while based at Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Dublin and The National Maternity Hospital, Dublin. Dr. Prendergast went on to complete fellowship training at The National Maternity Hospital, Ireland; King's College London, U.K.; and Harvard Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship Program, Boston. After graduating from fellowship, Dr. Prendergast joined the faculty at the Brigham and Women's Hospital, holding positions of Director of Neonatal-Fetal Medicine, Director of Neonatal Transport, and Medical Director of the NICU prior to joining MGHfC in 2018.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Newborn medicine
- Quality Improvement
Mass General for Children: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MB, BCh, BAO,University College Dublin
- Residency, Our Lady Hospital for Sick Children
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital of Boston
- Fellowship, King's College School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Mayo General Hospital
- Fellowship, National Maternity Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Dr. Prendergast's research interests include quality improvement in the Neonatal Intensive Care and Perinatal settings; and lung development and mechanical ventilation in newborn infant's at risk for abnormal lung development.
Lung function of preterm infants before and after viral infections. Drysdale SB, Prendergast M. Eur J Pediatr. 2014
Genetic predisposition of RSV infection-related respiratory morbidity in preterm infants. Drysdale SB, Prendergast M. Eur J Pediatr. 2014
Lung function at follow-up of infants with surgically correctable anomalies. Prendergast M et al. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2012
3-dimensional US fetal lung volumes and infant respiratory outcome. Prendergast M et al. BJOG. 2011
Chorioamnionitis, lung function and BPD in prematurely born infants. Prendergast M et al. Arch Dis Child. 2011
Synchronized mechanical ventilation for respiratory support in newborn infants. Greenough, Dimitriou, Prendergast. Cochrane Database. 2008
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings