Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Orthopaedics: Spine Center
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102-104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
North Shore Physicians Group: Peabody
4 Centennial Drive
Peabody, MA 01960
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Residency, UCSF Medical Center
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Hwang's primary research interests involve improving spine surgery outcomes through evidence based decision making and new technologies. He has a longstanding interest in health policy and the social determinants of health outcomes.
- Rubenstein WJ, Harris AHS, Hwang KM, Giori NJ, Kuo A. ?Social determinants of health and patient-reported outcomes following total hip and knee arthroplasty in Veterans.? Journal of Arthroplasty 2020 Sep;35(9)2357-2362.
- Krogue JK, Cheng K, Hwang KM, Toogood P, Meinberg EG, et al. ?Automatic Hip Fracture Identification and Functional Subclassification with Deep Learning.? Radiology: Artificial Intelligence 2020 Mar;2(2).
- Bini SA, Shah RF, Bendich I, Patterson JT, Hwang KM, Zaid MB. ?Machine Learning Algorithms Can Use Wearable Sensor Data to Accurately Predict 6-week Patient Reported Outcome Scores Following Joint Replacement in a Prospective Trial.? Journal of Arthroplasty 2019 Oct;34(10)2242-2247.
- Shah RF, Zaid MB, Bendich I, Hwang KM, Patterson JT, Bini SA. ?Optimal Sampling Frequency for Wearable Sensor Data in Arthroplasty Outcomes Research: A Prospective Observational Cohort Trial.? Journal of Arthroplasty 2019 Oct;34(10)2248-2252.
- Bendich I, Chung C, Hwang KM, Patterson JT, Mulvihill J, Barry J, Bini S. ?Changes in Prospectively Collected Longitudinal Patient-Generated Health Data are Associated With Short-Term Patient Reported Outcomes After Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Pilot Study.? Arthroplasty Today 2019 Mar;5(1)61-63.
- Birnbaum GD, Marquez L, Hwang KM, Cruz AT. ?Neurologic Deterioration in a Child Undergoing Treatment for Tuberculosis Meningitis.? Pediatric Emergency Care 2014;30(8):566?67.
- Cruz AT, Hwang KM, Birnbaum GD, Starke JR. Adolescents With Tuberculosis: A Review of 145 Cases. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2013;32(9):937-941.