Mailcode: WACC 8-835
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
To Schedule an Appointment
New Adult Patients
If you are a new patient to Massachusetts General Hospital, the first step to make an appointment is to call our Neurology department's scheduling staff. Our scheduling staff can help you register if needed and help schedule an initial new patient appointment. The number is 617-724-6387. They are available Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
Returning Adult Patients
If you are already registered as a patient and are returning to the Neurology department, please use the Patient Gateway to schedule your appointment, or call your doctor's subspecialty line. If you do not know which subspecialty your doctor practices in, please refer to the Our Doctors page to look up your physician's phone number by last name.
Subspecialty Phone Directory
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) Multidisciplinary Clinic - 617-724-3914
- Ataxia Unit - 617-726-3216
- Cardio-Neurology Clinic - 617-726-8459
- Cognitive Behavioral Neurology Unit - 617-726-2273
- Comprehensive Neurology - 617-726-8639
- Dystonia Clinic - 617-726-5532
- Epilepsy Service - 617-726-3311
- Frontotemporal Disorders Unit - 617-726-1728
- Huntington's Disease Clinic - 617-726-5532
- Memory Disorders Unit - 617-726-1728
- Movement Disorders Unit - 617-726-5532
- Neurology-Infectious Disease Program - 617-726-8639
- Neuro-ophthalmology Service - 617-726-8639
- Neurofibromatosis Clinic (adult and child) - 617-724-6400
- Neurogenetics Program - 617-726-5732
- Neuroimmunology and Neuro-Infectious Diseases Division - 617-726-7565
- Neuromuscular Division - 617-726-3642
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (NPH) Evaluation & Management Program - 617-726-1728
- Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Clinic - 617-726-5532
- Sleep Division - 617-724-7426
- Stroke Service at Massachusetts General Hospital - 617-726-8459
- Herscot Center for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex - 617-726-6540
- Tourette Syndrome Clinic - 617-726-5532
- TeleStroke Center - 617-724-3999
- Young Adult Stroke Services - 617-726-8459
Pediatric General Neurology Outpatient Clinic
Children who receive care at the Massachusetts General Hospital adult Neurology offices and the Mass General for Children offices are attended by Board Certified Neurologists with special qualifications in child neurology.
Parents of current patients should use Patient Gateway or call pediatric neurology at 617-724-6400.
For Referring Physicians
To request a consult from General Neurology or from a specific Neurology subspecialty clinic, please complete the online Referral Form. Please note: It is especially important to use the correct private fax number for referrals, as clinics and doctor's offices are not always in the same place. Patients referred to Neurology will need to have an insurance referral generated prior to their visit. No walk-in services are available. If you are a physician and are unsure of which subspecialty to refer a patient, or need general information, please contact the Neurology Referral Center by phone at 617-724-6387.
Support the Department of Neurology
Your donations help to elicit the greatest potential from the department’s superb team and fuel the research that will result in better treatment and ultimately, cures for neurological disorders.