Ann M. Neumeyer, MD
Medical Director, Lurie Family Autism Center
Ann Neumeyer, MD is a Neurologist as well as the Medical Director at the Lurie Center for Autism, a multidisciplinary program that treats children, adolescents and adults with autism spectrum and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Pediatrics
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Lurie Center for Autism
- Clinical Interests
- Spectrum Disorders
- Child neurology
- Neuromuscular disorders of children and adults
- Lexington: Lurie Center for Autism
- Medical Education
- MD, Dartmouth Medical School
- Residency, Boston Medical Center
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Foreign Languages
- Patient Age Group
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
ForMost Managed Care
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Medicare Advantage PPO
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Dr. Ann Neumeyer, Medical Director of the Lurie Center for Autism and Assistant Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School, is a child neurologist with 20 years of experience diagnosing and caring for children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
As Medical Director, Dr. Neumeyer develops and directs initiatives to enhance and expand the clinical services of the Lurie Center for individuals with ASD across the lifespan.
Dr. Neumeyer focuses on improving the lives of patients with ASD and their families far beyond the Lurie Center. She coordinates autism related care programs with other clinical and research programs throughout Massachusetts General Hospital. Outside the hospital, Dr. Neumeyer's leadership role as an advocate for patients with ASD and their families has been recognized through her appointment to the Massachusetts Governor's Autism Council Subcommittee for School Aged Children. Dr. Neumeyer is also a member of the Steering Committees of both Boston's Autism Consortium and the Autism Treatment Network's Autism Intervention Network on Physical Health (AIR-P), a national collaboration of academic medical centers.
Dr. Neumeyer's research relates to understanding medical issues whichoccur with autism spectrum disorders and to systematically develop and assesstreatment processes to improve the patient and family experience with themedical system. She is a co-PrincipalInvestigator for the Autism Treatment Network (ATN), a national and international network ofacademic sites, looking at sleep, gastrointestinal andneurological disordersexperienced by many Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) children and adolescents. Dr. Neumeyer has received funding fromHRSA/The Autism Intervention Research Project to support studies of bone development in boyswith autism.
View my most recent publications at PubMed
- Sangeeth Gnanasekaran, MD MPH, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, MA, Mah-J Soobader, PhD, Statworks, Canton, MA, Roula Choueiri, MD, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, Ann Neumeyer, MD, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Lexington, MA, Ogheneochuko Ajari, MD MS, Karen Kuhlthau, PhD, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, MA . Impact of Employee Benefits on Families with Children with Autism-Spectrum Disorders. Siciety for Developmental Pediatrics. 2010.
- Henry CA, Shervin D, Neumeyer A, Steingard R, Spybrook J, Choueiri R, Bauman M. Retrial of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in children with pervasive developmental disorders: a retrospective chart review. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2009 Apr; 19(2):111-7.
- Neumeyer AM, Cros D, McKenna-Yasek D, Zawadzka A, Hoffman EP, Pegoraro E, Hunter RG, Munsat TL, Brown RH. Pilot study of myoblast transfer in the treatment of Becker muscular dystrophy. Neurology. 1998 Aug; 51(2):589-92.
- Balasubramanyam A, Iyer D, Stringer JL, Beaulieu C, Potvin A, Neumeyer AM, Avruch J, Epstein HF. Developmental changes in expression of myotonic dystrophy protein kinase in the rat central nervous system. J Comp Neurol. 1998 May 11; 394(3):309-25.
Lurie Center for Autism
1 Maguire Road
Lexington, MA 02421-3114
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
Phone 2: 617-726-3402
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.