Ann Neumeyer, MD is a Neurologist as well as the Medical Director at the Lurie Center for Autism, a multidisciplinary program that treats children, adolescents and adults with autism spectrum and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Spectrum Disorders
- Child neurology
- Neuromuscular disorders of children and adults
- Medical Education
- MD, Dartmouth Medical School
- Residency, Boston Medical Center|Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Lexington: Lurie Center for Autism
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Ann Neumeyer, Medical Director of the Lurie Center for Autism and Assistant Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School, is a child neurologist with 20 years of experience diagnosing and caring for children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
As Medical Director, Dr. Neumeyer develops and directs initiatives to enhance and expand the clinical services of the Lurie Center for individuals with ASD across the lifespan.
Dr. Neumeyer focuses on improving the lives of patients with ASD and their families far beyond the Lurie Center. She coordinates autism related care programs with other clinical and research programs throughout Massachusetts General Hospital. Outside the hospital, Dr. Neumeyer's leadership role as an advocate for patients with ASD and their families has been recognized through her appointment to the Massachusetts Governor's Autism Council Subcommittee for School Aged Children. Dr. Neumeyer is also a member of the Steering Committees of both Boston's Autism Consortium and the Autism Treatment Network's Autism Intervention Network on Physical Health (AIR-P), a national collaboration of academic medical centers.
- Research Summary
Dr. Neumeyer's research relates to understanding medical issues which occur with autism spectrum disorders and to systematically develop and assess treatment processes to improve the patient and family experience with the medical system. She is a co-Principal Investigator for the Autism Treatment Network (ATN), a national and international network of academic sites, looking at sleep, gastrointestinal and neurological disorders experienced by many Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) children and adolescents. Dr. Neumeyer has received funding from HRSA/The Autism Intervention Research Project to support studies of bone development in boys with autism.
- Henry CA, Shervin D, Neumeyer A, Steingard R, Spybrook J, Choueiri R, Bauman M. Retrial of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in children with pervasive developmental disorders: a retrospective chart review. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2009;19(2):111-7.
- Foley AR, Hu Y, Zou Y, Yang M, Medne L, Leach M, Conlin LK, Spinner N, Shaikh TH, Falk M, Neumeyer AM, Bliss L, Tseng BS, Winder TL, B?nnemann CG. Large genomic deletions: A novel cause of Ullrich congenital muscular dystrophy. Ann Neurol. 2011;69(1):206-11.
- Neumeyer AM, Gates A, Ferrone C, Lee H, Misra M. Bone Density in Peripubertal Boys with Autism Spectrum Disorders. J Autism Dev Disord. 2012 Nov 4.
- van Eeghen AM, Pulsifer MB, Merker VL, Neumeyer AM, van Eeghen EE, Thibert RL, Cole AJ, Leigh FA, Plotkin SR, Thiele EA. Understanding relationships between autism, intelligence and epilepsy: a cross-disorder approach. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2013 Feb;55(2):146-153.
Ann Neumeyer, MD
Dr. Ann Neumeyer, the medical director at the Lurie Center for Autism, talks about her work as a neurologist.
1 Maguire Road
Lexington MA, 02421-3114
Phone 1: 781-860-1700
15 Parkman Street
Boston MA, 02114-3117
Phone 1: 855-644-6387
Phone 2: 617-726-3402