- Clinical Interests
- Parkinson's disease
- Alzheimer's disease
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital|Residency, University of Chicago Hospitals
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
Dr. Growdon founded the Massachusetts Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (http://madrc.mgh.harvard.edu) funded by the National Institute on Aging and currently serves as the Director of the Memory Disorders Unit, which is the clinical arm of the Center. He is also Director of the Movement Disorders Unit, which is the clinical unit for the MGH Udall Center of Excellence for Parkinson Disease Research funded by the National Institute for Neurologic Diseases and Stroke. His research interests center on the clinical neurology and neuropharmacology of Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases, along with efforts to uncover biologic markers of these disease that could lead to improved diagnostic accuracy and treatment.
1. Gomperts SN, Rentz DM, Moran E, Becker JA, Locascio JJ, Klunk WE, Mathias CA, Elmaleh DR, Shoup T, Fischman AJ, Hyman BT, Growdon JH, Johnson KA. Imaging amyloid deposition in Lewy body diseases. Neurology 2008;71:903-910.
2. Atri A, Shaughnessy LW, Locascio JJ, Growdon JH. Long-term course and effectiveness of combination therapy in Alzheimer disease. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 2008;22:209-222.
What do Gaucher&rsquo;s disease, gout, and amyloid plaques have in common? For researchers at the MGH, each of them may shed light on the causes and treatment of Parkinson&rsquo;s disease.
Neurology Bicentennial Celebration, 2011 Part I
Neurology Bicentennial Celebration, October 13, 2011. Past History of MGH Neurology; Overview of MGH Neurology; Telestroke and Acute Stroke Service; Neurodegenerative Disorders; Pediatric Neurology.
Parkinson's Symposium at MIND- 2008
Momentum in our Pursuit of Cures - Research advances in Parkinson's, Lewy Body dementia, and Parkinson's-Plus disorders. Anne B. Young, MD, PhD, Director, MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease (MIND), formerly Chief of Neurology Service.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117