I need to make an appointment for a non-COVID-19 health condition. Is it safe to come to the hospital? Answers to this and other FAQs about how Mass General is prepared to provide general care to patients.
The CSIBD organizes an Annual Symposium and Workshop that focuses on an area of investigation relevant to IBD. This multi-day event features internationally renowned speakers, over half of whom travel from outside Boston to present their research to the CSIBD community.
30th Annual Symposium and Workshop
Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
November 12-14, 2020
Previous Symposia and Workshops
Workshop Themes in Previous Years
Past themes of Annual Workshops (begun in the second year of the CSIBD) include:
- Host-Microbial Interactions at Mucosal Surfaces in Health and Disease (2007)
- The Phagosome and the Immune/Inflammatory Response (2006)
- Immunological Memory (2005)
- Inventing and Re-Inventing the GI Tract Stem Cells, Development and Differentiation (2004)
- Immune Regulatory Networks (2003)
- Microbial-Mucosal Interactions (2002)
- NF-κB in Host Defense: Genetics, Biochemistry and Function (2001)
- Antigen Presentation at Mucosal Surfaces (2000)
- Paradigms of Microbial-Mucosal Interaction: Physiology and Pathophysiology (1999)
- Lymphocytes and IBD: Current Paradigms of Disease Mechanisms and Treatment (1998)
- Intestinal Epithelium: Immune and Inflammatory Responses (1997)
- Identifying the Genetic Basis of IBD (1996)
- Genetic Models of IBD (1994)
- Bioactive Luminal Peptides (1993)
- Intraepithelial Lymphocytes and their Function (1992)
- Press Release
- Aug | 7 | 2020
Ingrid’s story: A multidisciplinary dress rehearsal helps baby and family thrive after high-risk surgery
When Rachael Smith-Ramos went in for her 35-week ultrasound, doctors noticed an unusual, vascular mass on her baby’s neck, precariously close to the vocal cords and facial nerves.
- Staff Story
- Jul | 29 | 2020
For Bill Stilwell, the ongoing pandemic has upended much of his daily routine—and brought an entirely new perspective to his role.
- Jul | 28 | 2020
Massachusetts General Hospital has been ranked among the top in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals 2020-2021.
- Jul | 24 | 2020
Charged is hosted by Kelsey Damrad.
- Jul | 22 | 2020
In the US, people of color have long experienced inequalities in health care. In this special Charged episode we discuss these inequalities and racism in health care.