In a perspective published in the New England Journal of Medicine, researchers from the Benson-Henry Institute (BHI) for Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) call for broader use of mind-body practices.
The CSIBD organizes an Annual Symposium and Workshop that focuses on an area of investigation relevant to IBD. This multi-day event features internationally renowned speakers, over half of whom travel from outside Boston to present their research to the CSIBD community.
30th Annual Symposium and Workshop
Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
November 12-14, 2020
Previous Symposia and Workshops
Workshop Themes in Previous Years
Past themes of Annual Workshops (begun in the second year of the CSIBD) include:
- Host-Microbial Interactions at Mucosal Surfaces in Health and Disease (2007)
- The Phagosome and the Immune/Inflammatory Response (2006)
- Immunological Memory (2005)
- Inventing and Re-Inventing the GI Tract Stem Cells, Development and Differentiation (2004)
- Immune Regulatory Networks (2003)
- Microbial-Mucosal Interactions (2002)
- NF-κB in Host Defense: Genetics, Biochemistry and Function (2001)
- Antigen Presentation at Mucosal Surfaces (2000)
- Paradigms of Microbial-Mucosal Interaction: Physiology and Pathophysiology (1999)
- Lymphocytes and IBD: Current Paradigms of Disease Mechanisms and Treatment (1998)
- Intestinal Epithelium: Immune and Inflammatory Responses (1997)
- Identifying the Genetic Basis of IBD (1996)
- Genetic Models of IBD (1994)
- Bioactive Luminal Peptides (1993)
- Intraepithelial Lymphocytes and their Function (1992)
- Apr | 6 | 2020
Boston Bruins Legend Bobby Orr Calls Mass General's Health Workers 'True Heroes' in COVID-19 Pandemic
Boston Bruins hockey legend Bobby Orr thanks the Massachusetts General Hospital community for being "true heroes" in the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Apr | 5 | 2020
News and information about COVID-19.
- Mar | 30 | 2020
The Center for Faculty Development has launched the Office for Well-Being, which has been designed as a resource to improve the emotional, intellectual and physical well-being of MGH faculty across the entire career span, from to early career to retirement.
- Press Release
- Mar | 24 | 2020
Beloved Boston singer/songwriter James Taylor and his wife, Kim, have contributed $1 million to Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) to support the institution’s ongoing efforts to battle the escalating coronavirus pandemic.
- Mar | 20 | 2020
Bryan D. Hayes, PharmD, DABAT, FAACT, FASHP, farmacéutico senior en Medicina de Emergencia y Toxicología de Massachusetts General Hospital, aclara los riesgos y beneficios de drogas como el ibuprofeno para su uso en pacientes con COVID-19.