Your child is scheduled for surgery at Mass General for Children (MGfC). In this handout, you will learn where to check in and how to prepare for your child’s surgery.
The CSIBD organizes an Annual Symposium and Workshop that focuses on an area of investigation relevant to IBD. This multi-day event features internationally renowned speakers, over half of whom travel from outside Boston to present their research to the CSIBD community.
The 33st Annual Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Workshop
November 2-3, 2023
The workshop will focus on four key areas: proteins and metabolites in immunity, host-microbiome interactions, T cell functional specification, and tissue organization and memory formation. Confirmed speakers include Giorgio Trinchieri, Aashik Manglik, Marcia Haigis, Vamsi Mootha, Nicholas Polizzi, Wendy Garrett, Curtis Huttenhower, Alexandra Zhernakova, Andrea Reboldi, Meng Wu, Vijay Kuchroo, Rob Rahimi, Carmen Gerlach, David Artis, Judith Agudo, Rob Manguso, Diane Mathis, Moshe Biton, Azucena Salas, Jeffrey Moffitt, Ruth Franklin, Christoph Thaiss, and Ananda Goldrath.
Previous Symposia and Workshops
Workshop Themes in Previous Years
Past themes of Annual Workshops (begun in the second year of the CSIBD) include:
- Host-Microbial Interactions at Mucosal Surfaces in Health and Disease (2007)
- The Phagosome and the Immune/Inflammatory Response (2006)
- Immunological Memory (2005)
- Inventing and Re-Inventing the GI Tract Stem Cells, Development and Differentiation (2004)
- Immune Regulatory Networks (2003)
- Microbial-Mucosal Interactions (2002)
- NF-κB in Host Defense: Genetics, Biochemistry and Function (2001)
- Antigen Presentation at Mucosal Surfaces (2000)
- Paradigms of Microbial-Mucosal Interaction: Physiology and Pathophysiology (1999)
- Lymphocytes and IBD: Current Paradigms of Disease Mechanisms and Treatment (1998)
- Intestinal Epithelium: Immune and Inflammatory Responses (1997)
- Identifying the Genetic Basis of IBD (1996)
- Genetic Models of IBD (1994)
- Bioactive Luminal Peptides (1993)
- Intraepithelial Lymphocytes and their Function (1992)
Related News and Articles
- Aug | 1 | 2023
Recognized as a top hospital on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll for 2023-2024.
- Jul | 27 | 2023
Beginning in May 2023, the first pieces of the Phillip and Susan Ragon Building at Massachusetts General Hospital were put in place with the construction of a slurry wall.
- Jul | 19 | 2023
Mass General celebrated the life of W. Gerald “Jerry” Austen, MD — a renowned cardiac surgeon and the hospital’s former chief of surgical services — on Sunday, May 6 at Boston Symphony Hall.
- Jul | 17 | 2023
Kellie Cahill and Erin Desmond speak about their roles and how their work to coordinate inpatient MRIs eases capacity challenges at Mass General.
- Jul | 13 | 2023
Every year, hundreds of volunteers donate their time and talents to make the Mass General community a better place for patients, families and staff. These volunteers received awards recognizing their efforts.