Donate new toys or gift cards to Joy Toys!
Cancer treatment is difficult for patients of all ages, but for children, daily radiation treatments for six to eight weeks are particularly draining. In an effort to brighten our pediatric patients’ spirits, we offer a special Toy Friday program where children under treatment — and their siblings — have a joyful and much-anticipated opportunity to select a special toy from the toy cabinets to celebrate completing another week of treatment. Below is a wish list of toys commonly coveted by our patients. If you’d like to make a toy donation, please send or drop off toys at the address below. We can only accept new toys with the tags and wrapping still attached.
Please note that we want all children to receive similar value toys. We appreciate you adhering to the dollar ranges provided for each age group and are happy to receive larger value donations in the form of a gift card. A gift card to Toys R Us or another similar retailer will allow us to purchase toys at a pediatric patient’s request to ensure they receive exactly the perfect gift.
- Infant ($10-$20): Playschool, Little Tikes, Melissa and Doug, educational, Little People, balls, Sesame Street, teethers
- Preschool ($10-$20): Dora, Thomas the Train, Puzzles, "Cars," Toy Story items, Duplo, balls, Sponge Bob, Princess dolls, Baby dolls, Disney items, educational toys, Melissa and Doug
- School Age ($10-$20): Arts and crafts of all kinds, Legos, Bionicles, Hex Bugs, Transformers, Nerf, Matchbox, Remote control toys, John Deere and Hess merchandise, small pillow pets, Games, Princess dolls, Action figures, Dress up items (fairy wings, tutus, princess shoes, tiaras, etc), Little Pet shop, My Little Pony, Polly Pockets, Spy gear, Animal Planet, Star Wars, Beyblades, Thomas the Train, Crayola items, Melissa and Doug, Lip gloss, stick on tattoos
- Teens ($10-$25): Arts and crafts of all kinds, Makeup, Glitter paint on tattoos, Air brush tattoos, Pillow pets, Legos, Nerf, handheld games, e.g. Simon, jewelry
- Gift Cards ($10-$25): Our teenage patients often enjoy gift cards to the following locations:
- ($10 denominations): Barnes and Nobles, iTunes, Game Stop, Amazon
- ($25 denominations): VISA, iTunes, Game Stop, Amazon, Toys R Us, Walmart, Target
Please limit balances to between $10-$25 per gift card, but we welcome donations of multiple gift cards in those increments.
Please send all in-kind donations of toys and gift cards to:
Massachusetts General Hospital
Department of Radiation Oncology
Burr Proton Center
Attn: Rachel Bolton, RN
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
Please make sure to include your name and address so that we can acknowledge your gift.