Lexington, MAPhone: 781-860-1700
About Yamini Howe, MD
Dr. Yamini Jagannath Howe is a developmental behavioral pediatrician at the Lurie Center and a clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School. She joined the Lurie Center staff after completing a fellowship in Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital in 2012. Dr.
Howe has a strong interest in diagnosis and ongoing care for young children who have learning, behavioral or communication challenges, including autism spectrum disorders. She works with families to coordinate and develop comprehensive treatment plans that may include medication and other therapies to support their child's ongoing development.
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Early Childhood Development and Behavior
Mass General Lurie Center for Autism
1 Maguire Rd.
Lexington, MA 02421
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
- Fellowship, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
American Board Certifications
- Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Sices L, Pawlowski K, Farfel L, Phillips D, Howe Y, Cochran DM, Choueiri R, Forbes PW, Brewster SJ, Frazier JA, Neumeyer A, Bridgemohan C. Feasibility of Conducting Autism Biomarker Research in the Clinical Setting. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2017 Sep;38(7):483-492. doi: 10.1097/DBP.0000000000000470. PubMed PMID: 28723825.
- Rengit AC, McKowen JW, O'Brien J, Howe YJ, McDougle CJ. Brief Report: Autism Spectrum Disorder and Substance Use Disorder: A Review and Case Study. J Autism Dev Disord. 2016 Jul;46(7):2514-9. doi: 10.1007/s10803-016-2763-z. Review. PubMed PMID: 26944591.
- Howe YJ, O'Rourke JA, Yatchmink Y, Viscidi EW, Jones RN, Morrow EM. Female Autism Phenotypes Investigated at Different Levels of Language and Developmental Abilities. J Autism Dev Disord. 2015 Nov;45(11):3537-49. doi: 10.1007/s10803-015-2501-y. PubMed PMID: 26100851; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4609595.
- Crowley B, Howe YJ, McDougle CJ. Topiramate for weight loss in two young adult women with autism spectrum disorder. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2015 Mar;25(2):183-5. doi: 10.1089/cap.2014.0140. Epub 2015 Mar 6. PubMed PMID: 25746055.
- Howe YJ, Yatchmink Y, Viscidi EW, Morrow EM. Ascertainment and gender in autism spectrum disorders. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2014 Jun;53(6):698-700. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2014.04.003. PubMed PMID: 24839890; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4288969.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings