Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency, UC San Diego Main Campus
- Fellowship, Women and Infants Hospital/Care New England
American Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Novel mechanisms and therapies for pulmonary vascular disease in pediatric patients.
- Role of inhaled nitric oxide (NO) gas in preventing newborn lung diseases.
- Molecular mechanisms through which NO and cGMP regulate vascular smooth muscle cell differentiation and proliferation.
Description of ResearchMy research focuses on discovering novel mechanisms and therapies for pulmonary
vascular disease in pediatric patients. My team's current work is directed at:
- examining the molecular mechanisms through which NO and cGMP regulate vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and differentiation
- examining how cytokine neutralization may protect NO and cGMP signaling in models of pediatric chronic lung disease
- identifying novel signaling systems that contribute to the pathobiology of pulmonary hypertension in newborns and infants