Dermatology Laser & Cosmetic Center
Massachusetts General Hospital
50 Staniford Street, Suite 250
Boston, MA 02114
Explore This Treatment Program
What are Dermal Fillers?
As we age, we lose collagen and our skin loses its youthful fullness. Dermal fillers can help restore lost volume to face, lips, and hands.
Most dermal fillers, also called soft tissue fillers or injectables, help diminish the appearance of fine lines and some can restore volume and fullness to the face. Fortunately, newer generations of injectable dermal fillers are available to aid the way we treat the aging process. Available in a variety of thicknesses, these soft tissue fillers can:
- Smooth lines around the nose and mouth
- Restore volume to the cheeks
- Provide a little lift
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, you may want to consider dermal fillers.
- Do you have fine lines and wrinkles?
- Would you like to restore lost facial volume?
- Does your mouth turn down?
- Do you notice lines around your mouth?
What Can I Expect?
All treatments are performed in our office and only take a short amount of time, are safe, comfortable, and last for months. Fillers are popular for several reasons:
- Most fillers fill the skin, so the results are immediate or close to immediate results.
- Most fillers stimulate your collagen, so full results may be seen over months
- You can return to your everyday activities almost immediately with most fillers
Our office offers a wide variety of FDA approved fillers for customized non-surgical treatments including:
- JUVÉDERM®, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA®
- Restylane®, Restylane Lyft®, Restylane Silk®
- Belotero Balance®
At our center, we use microcannula technology when injecting filler that results in less pain and bruising at the injection sites.
More and more men and women are opting for combination treatments of Botox and dermal (facial) fillers to provide a natural look and to help gain or restore confidence.
Why Do I Need a Consultation?
Your treatment plan is customized to meet your specific goals and needs. For this reason, a face-to-face consultation is required. This allows your cosmetic dermatologist (a skin doctor who helps improve a patient’s physical appearance) to develop the best possible treatment plan for you. Our doctors are also known for their artistry in helping create a natural refreshed look for you — not a look that is artificial or overdone. It will still be you but better.
During the consultation, the doctor will:
- Address your concerns and develop a personalized treatment plan
- Review your general health
- Evaluate your overall skin condition
- Discuss risks and benefits of the treatment
- Discuss the number and costs of treatment
A consultation is required and there is a fee for the consultation.
Are the Treatments Covered by Health Insurance?
No. Dermal fillers and treatments that reduce the signs of aging are elective cosmetic dermatology service. Cosmetic dermatology services are typically considered not medically necessary by medical insurance plans and are not covered.
Meet Our Laser Cosmetic Experts
Our board-certified dermatologists have extensive laser and cosmetic training and offer the latest non-surgical cosmetic treatments to help you look and feel your best.