Psychology Assessment Center
One Bowdoin Square
Boston, MA 02114-2927
- PsyD, Nova Southeastern University
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My research activities have been clinically focused and reflect my strong interest in personality, personality assessment and measurement. I have conducted multiple studies exploring the psychometric properties of the DSM Personality Disorders. I have studied the relationship between normal and abnormal personality traits along with the joint factor structure of personality and psychopathology. I have published extensively on the quality and utility of traditional personality assessment instruments. My research on assessment instruments has resulted in the development of model of personality functioning specifically designed to integrate psychological assessment data. More recently, I have been exploring the relationships among psychological and neuropsychological measures. I along with a group of colleagues developed the Schwartz Outcome Scale (SOS-10). The SOS-10 is a brief mental health outcome measure. The SOS-10 has been translated into Arabic, Czech, French, Italian, Spanish, and Chinese. The SOS-10 measures psychological health and well-being and has been included in wide variety of research projects.
- Baer, L. & Blais, MA., (Eds). Handbook of Clinical Rating Scales and Assessment in Psychiatry and Mental Health, Current Clinical Psychiatry Series, Jerrold F. Rosenbaum, MD, Editor, Totowa, NJ: The Humana Press, Inc (2009)
- Blais, MA., Baity, M. & Hopwood, C. (Eds). Clinical Applications of the Personality Assessment Inventory, NY: Routledge Mental Health, 2010.
- Blais, MA. The common structure of normal personality and psychopathology: preliminary exploration in a non-patient sample, Journal of Personality and Individual Differences, 2010, 48, 322-326.
- Slavin-Mulford, J.M., Hilsenroth, M.J., Blagys, M.D., & Blais, M.A. Experiences related to expert supervisor' views of ideal therapeutic practice, Counselling and Psychotherapy Research, 2010,
- Blais, MA, Jacobo, MC & Smith, SR Exploring therapeutic alliance in brief inpatient psychotherapy: A preliminary study, Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy, In Press.