Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-5600
About Thomas Spencer, MD
Dr. Spencer is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and the Assistant Chief of the Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research Program at Massachusetts General Hospital. Before joining Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr Spencer was the Head of the Clinical Team, Child and Adolescent Division, of the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health. His research and clinical interests have focused on the effectiveness and safety of standard and novel pharmacologic treatments of Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) throughout the life-cycle.
Dr. Spencer has been a co-investigator in Dr. Biederman's longitudinal and family-genetic studies of ADHD. In addition, Dr. Spencer is the Principal Investigator in an NIMH funded project that examines the translation of improvement in ADHD symptoms into increased functional capacities and quality of life in adults with ADHD. Dr. Spencer has published over 90 scientific articles and over 30 book chapters and is on the Editorial Board of a number of Journals.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Psychopharmacology (pediatric)
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Wisconsin Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings