Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-3872
About Henry Kronenberg, MD
Henry M. Kronenberg is Chief of the Endocrine Unit at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Professor of Medicine at the Harvard Medical School. There he leads a research group that studies the actions of parathyroid hormone and parathyroid hormone-related protein, with a particular emphasis on bone development, bone biology, calcium homeostasis, and the roles of osteoblast-lineage cells in hematopoiesis. Dr. Kronenberg's laboratory in recent years has used a number of genetically altered strains of mice to establish the role of signaling by the PTH/PTHrP receptor in bone. Dr. Kronenberg has a small practice in Endocrine Associates.
Dr. Kronenberg received his BA from Harvard University, his MD from Columbia University, his medical house officer training at the Massachusetts General Hospital, and post-doctoral training at NIH, MIT, and the MGH. Dr. Kronenberg has served as President of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research and as a member of the Board of Directors of the International Bone and Mineral Society (IBMS); he is currently the Vice President of the IBMS. He has served on the Council of the Endocrine Society and the Endocrine Society's Vice President for Basic Science; he has served as the Endocrine Society's representative on the FASEB Board of Directors. He has served on the General Medicine B NIH Study Section and as a member of the Board of Scientific Counselors of the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research; he is currently on the Council of the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases.
- Calcium and bone disorder
Mass General Endocrinology: Thyroid Associates
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings