Courtney was diagnosed with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH), a rare disease where chronic blood clots turn into scar tissue and causes high blood pressure in the lungs. A multidisciplinary care team at Mass General including Dr. Cameron Wright, saved her life.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Second opinions only: 617-726-1861
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- University of California, Cardiovascular Research Institute
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Research Institute
American Board Certifications
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Vlahakes participates in clinical trials concerning heart valve disease treatments.
- Dec | 15 | 2017
More than 680 physicians and guests gathered to celebrate at the ninth physician recognition dinner and the presentation of the McGovern Awards for Clinical Excellence.
- Patient Story
- Nov | 26 | 2018
Emily Falkenstein has spent her entire life living with a congenital heart defect. Beginning with an initial heart attack in infancy, Emily has received her care at Massachusetts General Hospital.