Departments, Centers, & Programs:
50 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114-2517
- MD, University of Puerto Rico Affiliated Hospitals
- Residency, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, University of Puerto Rico Affiliated Hospitals
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Present research activities pertain to allergic contact dermatitis based on data collected from patients of the Patch Test Clinics at the MGH since 1986 and includes NIH-supported RO1 research on the diagnostic application of the Reflectance Confocal Microscope on contact dermatitis as well as clinical data to identify demographic characteristics of this population.
- Swindells K, Burnett N, Rius-Diaz F, González E, Mihm MC, González S. Reflectance confocal microscopy may differentiate acute allergic and irritant contact dermatitis in vivo. J Am Acad Dermatol 2004; 50:220-8
- Astner S, Gonzalez E, Cheung AC, Rius-Diaz F, Doukas A, Farinelli W, Gonzalez S: Non-invasive evaluation of the kinetics of allergic and irritant contact dermatitis. J Invest Dermatol 2005; 124:351-359
- Astner S, Gonzalez E, Cheung AC, Rius-Diaz F, Gonzalez S. Pilot study on the sensitivity and specificity of in vivo reflectance confocal microscopy in the diagnosis of allergic contact dermatitis. J Am Acad Dermatol 2005; (53) 60:986-92Astner S, Burnett N,Rius-Diaz F, Doukas AG, Gonzalez S,
- Astner S, Gonzalez S, Gonzalez E: Noninvasive evaluation of allergic and irritant contact dermatitis by in vivo reflectance confocal microscope. Dermatitis 2006; 17: 182-9