Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-3872
About Douglas Ross, MD
Dr. Ross graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1977, completed his residency and fellowship training at the Massachusetts General Hospital, and has been on staff since 1983. He is Co-Director of Thyroid Associates at Massachusetts General Hospital. His endocrine practice concentrates on thyroid disorders, with an emphasis on hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer and thyroid nodules. Procedures include radioiodine treatment for hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer, and ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of thyroid nodules.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Thyroid disorders
Mass General Endocrinology: Thyroid Associates
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Ross has recently done outcome research for patients with micropapillary thyroid cancer using the National Thyroid Cancer Treatment Cooperative Study Group.
Dr. Ross is Thyroid Editor of UpToDate, and author of over 40 UpToDate topics.
He also has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, several of which involve outcome analysis for the National Thyroid Cancer Treatment Cooperative Study Group.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings