Internal Medicine Associates Team 3
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Meigs' research interest for more than 20 years has been the cause and prevention of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease using molecular and genetic epidemiology and translational health services research approaches. He has authored more than 400 peer-reviewed scientific papers, supported by multiple National Institutes of Health and foundation research grants.
- Berkowitz SA, Meigs JB, Wexler DJ. Age at type 2 diabetes onset and glycaemic control: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2005-2010. Diabetologia. 2013 Sep 1. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23995472
- DIAbetes Genetics Replication And Meta-analysis (DIAGRAM) Consortium. Genome-wide trans-ancestry meta-analysis provides insight into the genetic architecture of type 2 diabetes susceptibility. Nat Genet. 2014 Mar;46(3):234-44. PMID: 24509480
- Vassy JL, Hivert MF, Porneala B, Dauriz M, Florez JC, Dupuis J, Siscovick DS, Fornage M, Rasmussen-Torvik LJ, Bouchard C, Meigs JB. Polygenic type 2 diabetes prediction at the limit of common variant detection. Diabetes. 2014 Feb 11. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24520119
- Cornes BK, Brody JA, Nikpoor N, Morrison AC, Dang HCP, Ahn BS, Wang S, Dauriz M, Barzilay JI, Dupuis J, Florez JC, Coresh J, Gibbs RA, Kao WHL, Liu C-T, McKnight B, MuznyD, Pankow JS, Reid JG, White CC, Johnson AD, Wong TY, Psaty BM, Boerwinkle E, Rotter JI, Siscovick DS, Sladek R, Meigs JB. Association of Levels of Fasting Glucose and Insulin with Rare Variants at the Chromosome 11p11.2-MADD Locus: the Cohorts for Heart and Aging Research in Genomic Epidemiology (CHARGE) Targeted Sequencing Study. Circulation Cardiovascular Genetics 2014, in press.
- Meigs JB, Grant RW, Piccolo R, Lopez L, Florez JC, Porneala B, Marceau L, McKinlay JB. Association of African Genetic Ancestry with Fasting Glucose and Hemoglobin A1c Levels in Non-Diabetic Individuals: The Boston Area Community Health (BACH) Prediabetes Study. Diabetologia 2014; in press.