Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Shriner's Hospital for Children
51 Blossom Street
Boston, MA 02114
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts Mental Health Center
- Residency, McLean Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
The research is on pain and posttraumatic stress disorder, and longitudinal outcomes, in children and adults with burn injuries, in collaboration with GN Saxe MD, JM Murphy EdD, DK Norman EdD, R Tompkins MD, Sc D, RL Sheridan MD, LE Kazis PhD, JAJ Martyn MD, and others. Pertinent references include:
- Stoddard FJ. Body image development in the burned child. J Am Acad Child Psychiatry 1982;5:502-507.
- Stoddard FJ, Saxe G. Ten-year research review of physical injuries. J Am Acad Child and Adolesc Psychiatry 2001;40:10:1128-1145.
- Stoddard FJ. Care of infants, children and adolescents with burn Injuries. In: Lewis M, Editor. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, third edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, 2002:1188-1208
- Saxe G, Stoddard F et al. Relationship between acute morphine and course of PTSD in children with burns: a pilot study. J Am Acad Child & Adoles Psychiatry 2001;40:915-921.
- Saxe G, Stoddard F et al. Pathways to PTSD I: Children with burns. Am J Psychiatry. 2005; 162:1299-1304.
- Stoddard FJ, Ronfeldt H, Kagan J, Drake JE, Snidman N, Murphy JM, Saxe G, Burns J, Sheridan RL. Young burned children: The course of acute stress and physiological and behavioral responses. Am J Psychiatry 2006; 163:1084-1090.
- Stoddard FJ et al. Pain Management. Chapter 23. In: Ritchie EC, ed. Combat and Operational Behavioral Health. In: Lenhart MK, ed. The Textbooks of Military Medicine. Washington, DC: Department of the Army, Office of The Surgeon General, Borden Institute; 2011: 339-358.
- Stoddard FJ. Outcomes of traumatic exposure. In: Disaster and Trauma. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. W.B. Saunders 2014;23:2:243-256.
Stoddard FJ et al (Eds). Hidden Impact: What You Need to Know for the Next Disaster: A Practical Guide for Clinicians. Jones and Bartlett Publishers. 2010.
Stoddard FJ, Pandya A, Katz CL (Eds). Disaster Psychiatry: Readiness, Evaluation and Treatment Washington DC, American Psychiatric Press Inc., 2011. Transl Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Stoddard FJ, Benedek DM, Milad M_, Ursano R_(Eds). Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders, OUP (accepted, 2018)
- Eisenthal S, Stoeckle JD, Stoddard FJ, Woo B. The dilemmas in learning psychosocial care in the first year of medical school. Ann Behav Sci Med Ed, 2005; 2:68.
- Stoddard FJ et al. Psychiatry and Terrorism. J Nerv Ment Dis 2011:199(8):537.
- Stoddard FJ et al. A Randomized Controlled Study of Sertraline to Prevent PTSD in Burned Children. J Child Adolesc Psychopharm 2011:21:469.
- Sheridan RL, Stoddard FJ, et al. Long-Term Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms Vary Inversely with Early Opiate Dosing in Children Recovering From Serious Burns. J Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. March 2014 - Volume 76 - Issue 3 - p 828
- Stoddard FJ et al. PTSD diagnosis in young children with burns. J Burn Care Res. 2017 Jan/Feb;38(1):e343.
- Ryan, CM, Lee, A. F-S, PhD, Stoddard, FJ et al. The impact of facial burns on long-term outcomes in young adults: a five year study. J Burn Care Res (accepted for publication).