Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Indiana University
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Cytopathology, American Board of Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research interests include:
- Cytopathology diagnosis and practice
- Pathology graduate medical education
- Management and organization in academic pathology
- Interaction between finance and regulation and the practice of pathology
View Dr. Black-Schaffer's profile at Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
- The Pathology Milestones and the Next Accreditation System. Naritoku WY, Alexander CB, Bennett BD, Black-Schaffer WS, Brissette M, Grimes MM, Hoffman RD, Hunt J, Iezzoni J, Johnson R, Kozel J, Mendoza R, Post MD, Powell SZ, Procop GW, Steinberg JJ, Thorsen L, Nestler SP. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2014; 138(3):307-15.
- Utilization management in anatomic pathology. Lewandrowski K, Black-Schaffer S. Clin Chim Acta 2014; 427:183-7.
- The business of genomic testing: a survey of early adopters. The business of genomic testing: a survey of early adopters. Crawford JM, Bry L, Pfeifer J, Caughron SK, Black-Schaffer S, Kant JA, Kaufman JH. Genet Med 2014 Jul 10. doi: 10.1038/gim.2014.60. [Epub ahead of print]