Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Harborview Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Lhowe's research interests are in disaster and mass casualty medicine.
- Sechriest VF, Lhowe DW. Prolonged Femoral External Fixation After Natural Disaster: Successful Late Conversion to Intramedullary Nail Aboard USNS Mercy Hospital Ship. American Journal of Disaster Medicine 2008;3:307-312.
- Sechriest VF, Lhowe DW. Orthopaedic Care Aboard the USNS Mercy During Operation Unified Assistance After the 2004 Asian Tsunami. JBJS(Am.) 2008;90:849-861.
- Born C, Lhowe DW, Briggs S, Hirshberg A, Frykberg E, O'Neill P. Disasters and Mass Casualties : II. Explosive, Biologic, Chemical, and Nuclear Agents. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2007;15:461-473.
- Born C, Lhowe DW, Briggs S, Hirshberg A, Frykberg E, O'Neill P. Disasters and Mass Casualties : I. General Principles of Response and Management. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2007;15:388-396.
- Mithoefer K, Lhowe DW, Vrahas MS, Altman DT, Erens V, Altman GT. Functional Outcome After Acute Compartment Syndrome of the Thigh. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 2006;88:729-737.