Robert Peterfreund, MD, PhD
Robert Peterfreund, MD, PhD
Chair, Quality Assurance Committee
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-3030
About Robert Peterfreund, MD, PhD
My clinical interests are in the areas of neurosurgical anesthesia, anesthesia for obstetrics, and also in regional anesthesia. A medical interest is in the area of endocrine disease, particularly diabetes mellitus, in surgical patients. My time is divided between these clinical activities, my administrative role as Chair of the QA Committee for the DACCPM, and some research projects, which are largely clinical in nature.
Memberships in professional organizations include the ASA, the IARS, the AUA, the NESA, and the SNACC. Major activities for the hospital include service on the Transfusion Committee, the Patient Care Assessment Committee, and various smaller committees focusing on particular projects.
Current research activities include a laboratory project to model continuous intravenous infusions, and clinical projects related to analysis of data captured in the electronic anesthesia record.
- Anesthesia for neurosurgery
- Obstetric anesthesia
Mass General Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, UC San Diego School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings