Boston, MAPhone: 866-644-8910
About Stephen Abraham, MD
Stephen A. Abraham, MD graduated from Providence College Summa Cum Laude, with a B.S. degree in Biology. He then matriculated to Georgetown University, where he received his Master's Degree in Physiology with Distinction, then graduated from Georgetown University School of Medicine a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
Dr. Abraham is Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He is triple-boarded in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nuclear Medicine.
Dr. Abraham is clinically gifted in all aspects of cardiovascular disease, and maintains a large clinical practice within the Massachusetts General Hospital Cardiac Unit. He is particularly highly sought after by multiple surgical subspecialties for his acumen and experience in pre-operative cardiac risk stratification for non-cardiac surgery, and by many in the medical community for his expertise in the clinical application of Nuclear Cardiology for the evaluation of coronary artery disease and the assessment of myocardial viability.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Assessment of myocardial viability
- Clinical cardiology
- Evaluation of coronary artery disease
- Nuclear cardiology
- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Stratification for Non-Cardiac Surg
Mass General Heart Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residency, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, New England Deaconess Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine, American Board of Nuclear Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- United Healthplan (non-HMO) - SSN
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings