Alphonse Taghian, MD, PhD
Alphonse Taghian, MD, PhD
Professor of Radiation Oncology, Harvard Medical School
Co-Director, Breast Cancer Research Program
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-8651
About Alphonse Taghian, MD, PhD
Dr Alphonse Taghian gained his MD from Alexandria University in Egypt. He did his residency in Radiation Oncology at Centre Alexis Vautrin in France. He then did a clinical and research fellowships at Gustave Roussy Institut (Paris). He obtained his PhD in Radiobiology from Paris XI University. He then spent 4 years of basic research at Dr. H. Suit lab at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School. He is now the Director of Breast Radiation Oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Professor of Radiation Oncology at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Taghian has published more than 140 peer reviewed articles, general reviews and chapters. He has edited a book on the multidisciplinary approach in the treatment of breast cancer. He has been awarded several NIH grants for research totaling around $2.7 Million for research in breast cancer and lymphedema. He is internationally recognized leader in breast radiation oncology in particular in the field of Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI). His main interest includes ways to avoid cardiac exposure to radiation, APBI, post-mastectomy radiation and screening & early intervention for lymphedema.
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Cardiac exposure to radiation and means to minimize it
- Lymphedema after breast cancer treatment
- Radiation Treatment of Breast Cancer
- Arabic, French
Mass General Cancer Center: Radiation Oncology
55 Fruit St.
Lunder Building, LL3
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Alexandria University
- Residency, Centre Alexis Vautrin
- Residency, Gustave Roussy Institute
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Radiation Oncology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Books Editing: A. Taghian, B. Smith and J. Erban, Editors. Breast Cancer. A Multidisciplinary Approach to Diagnosis and Management. 8.5 X 11 inch trim, 335 pages; 16 main chapters. Demos Medical Publishing. New York, NY 10036. ISBN 978-1-933864-44-0. Published Jan 2010.
II: Selected publications from a total of 140 Original Articles, reviews and Book Chaptershttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez then type "Taghian"
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings