Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-0800
About Rex Smith, MD, PhD
Dr. Smith’s is an Associate Pathologist at Massachusetts General Hospital and a Associate Professor of Pathology at Harvard Medical School Dr Smith’s expertise is in renal, cardiac, and autopsy pathology and has a special interest in transplant pathology and ANCA disease. His research works includes animal, primate, and human models of kidney and heart allograft rejection.
- Autopsy Pathology
- Cardiovascular pathology
- Renal Pathology
Mass General Pathology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- PhD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Immunopathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Smith's research focuses primarily on immunology and transplantation, with emphasis on the transplantation pathology of the heart, kidney, and pancreatic islets.
See details at the Smith Lab.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings